Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Grace's POV

I was scared, so scared. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't control my tears as they fell down my flushed cheeks. I'd never experienced anything like this. Never, and I was scared to death. Hell, the worst thing that had ever even happened to me was failing a quiz. Emotionally I wasn't prepared to have a gun pointed to my head. All I could think about was my family. All I could think about was playing video games with Austin and talking with Zander as he annoyingly laid on my bed. Then all I could think about was Harry. It was killing me to see him in front of me watching this. I promised him that nothing was going to happen to me and now I have a gun pointed at me. How did this happen?

"Hey son. I fucking warned you."

Son? Wait, what?

Harry clutched his chest and I would have fallen to my knees if it weren't for this man holding me around my neck, keeping me still. I could smell alcohol coming from his mouth and I wasn't sure if it was only in my head but I was pretty sure I could feel his sweat.

"Let her go." Harry said calmly even though his voice shook.

"What? Does this scare you son? Surely she doesn't mean too much to you. What if I were to just..."

I jerked when he pressed the barrel harder into my forehead surely to leave an indentation if I lived.

"Pull this trigger?" he asked.

My heart pounded against my rib cage and I avoided looking into Harry's eyes. I would literally fall apart if I kept looking at him. Is this it? Is this the end of my life? Will I ever graduate high school? Get married? Will I ever kiss Harry again?

"What do you want from us?"

"What do you think I want? You don't think I know that Gemma's little bitch gave you money, that you're going to the fucking police? Do you think I'm a fucking idiot son?"

"You can have it."

I'd never seen Harry like this but seriously, what is he supposed to do?

"Damn right I can have it." He snarled, referring to the money.

Harry's father turned me around and I let out a breath knowing that the gun wasn't pointed at me any longer.

"Aren't you a real doll?"

"You can have all of the money. Just let her go." Harry pleaded with his father.

His father looked down at me and then pushed me down into a table. I fell over a chair and the metal painfully dug into my back. I cried out and when I looked at Harry, his jaw was clenched. He immediately came over to me and knelt down beside me. I felt relieved as he put his hands on my shoulders.

"Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay."

"I'm okay Harry." I assured.

He looked away from me, breaking eye contact. He placed his keys into my palm and I looked at him in question.

"Go to your house Grace, right now."

I shook my head. I can't leave him with this man. What the heck?

"Oh no. She's not going any..."

Before his father could finish his sentence, Harry tackled him and repeatedly punched his jaw with full force. I cringed at the sight of the boy I loved beating his father. Harry turned to me with bloody knuckles and narrowed, dark eyes.

"I swear to God I will never forgive you if you don't leave. I'm not going to tell you again; get the fuck out of here." He yelled at me.

"Go! Dammit, just go." He literally screamed in my face, his eyes glossing over as I just sat there.