Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Grace's POV

My worst fears were confirmed as soon as Harry didn't reply. I knew it; Harry isn't capable of loving me. He just doesn't want me so why do I keep making a fool of myself? Why do I keep wanting more with him when he just isn't able to be what I want him to be? Compatibility is what it boils down to. We just don't want the same things and I fear that it will always be this way. Liam already loves me...or did. I have no idea what I said to him to make him so angry while I was drunk. I can't even remember. I remember crying and I only drank to get my mind off Harry but I have no clue what I said. It had to be bad to cause him to leave me all alone at that party drunk. I'm still a little drunk I think but not like I was. Harry's anger somehow sobered me up a bit.

Harry pulled me closer, burying his head into my neck.

"Is this really what you felt like when I got drunk?" he asked, his lips brushing up against my skin.

"Yes."

"Well then I'm sorry."

"We're even now."

"Not even close Grace. I've put you through so much shit."

I could see Harry's sister, Gemma glancing back at us in the rear-view mirror. Harry didn't seem to care. His lips pressed gentle kisses all down my neck and my stomach muscles clenched in response. I really just wanted those lips all over me kissing every part of my body.

"Grace, I was so worried. If something happened to you..."

But you don't love me.

"I'm okay Harry. Sam and Calum were there."

"Yeah making out in a corner while you're a drunken emotional mess on the bathroom floor."

"I was fine."

"The door wasn't even locked. Somebody could have..."

"Stop. Your argument goes both ways. At least I wasn't in a brawl."

He let out an elongated sigh, knowing I was right.

"I feel so protective over you. I want you to come to my house and eat something before I take you home."

"I'm not meeting your mom like this." I whispered.

Even though the alcohol was wearing off, he was right; I was still a drunken emotional mess.

"Grace trust me; I have given her a great deal of shit, coming home drunk off my ass."

"Still." I muttered.

"Grace, don't worry. Our mum will love you. Trust me." Gemma interrupted, glancing back at me.

"But out Gem." Harry snapped but I could see a hint of a smile playing on his lips.

She looked back to the road and Harry grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers and squeezing tightly.

"I can't stay away from you Grace. I'm not strong enough."

"Then don't stay away." I whispered, trying to hide my face from him.

"No, look at me."

I looked up into his emerald eyes and frowned.

"You can't be with me. You don't want this. I will hurt you. Do you hear me? I will hurt you."

"I don't care. Please." I said, not caring about my whiney tone.

"I can't resist you any longer. I have to be with you."

"Please."

"I want you to be mine Grace. I want you to only be mine."