Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Grace’s POV

After breakfast, I took Harry to the restaurant to drop him off at his car. He didn’t make any move to get out. Instead, he turned to me and I dropped my hands from the wheel, turning the car off.

“Grace, I can’t thank you enough. I don’t even know where I would’ve ended up if you wouldn’t have found me.”

I nodded, my eyes never meeting his.

 “Why aren’t you looking at me?”

“Because I don’t want this to be the end. I just…I can’t think about it…”

“Grace…”

“Harry just get out of my car.”

“Grace…it’s not you. It’s me. I’m not good en…”

“Harry, get out of my car.”

“Gr…”

“Did you not hear me? Get out of my car!” I cried, a tear rolling down my cheek.

I didn’t want this to be the end and part of me was mad at Harry for not wanting this as much as I did. It’s like I resented the fact that Harry could walk away from this so easily. He couldn’t possibly feel what I felt. I was feeling things that I didn’t realize were humanly possible to feel.

“I…can’t now. I can’t leave you like this. How the fuck do you expect me...”

“GET OUT OF THE FREAKING CAR!” I demanded, this time screaming in his face, more tears brimming in my eyes.

His jaw clenched and he opened the door before climbing out and slamming it shut. It was easier to be upset with him when in reality I was just sad that he didn’t want me. I pulled out of the parking lot, my tears blurring my vision the whole way home. My phone rang a million times, Harry’s name lighting up the screen but I ignored his calls repeatedly. When I finally got home, I was surprised to find that Harry had left me a voicemail. I sighed, putting in my passcode.

“Grace, we are not leaving things like this. If you don’t answer I’m coming over and trust me, I’ll pound on your door until you open it.”

I sighed, dialing his number. The last thing I needed was to see him again.

“Grace?” he answered on the first ring.

“What? What, Harry? What do you want?”

“I want us to be okay and obviously we’re not.”

I pressed my cell closer to my ear, using my left hand to massage my forehead.

“We are Harry. I just…I like you.”