Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Grace’s POV

I giggled as Liam tried to grab my drink. I didn’t mind because I didn’t want it anyway. Some random guy had shoved it into my hands. It’s not like I’d never tried it because I had but I didn’t like alcohol at all.

“I don’t want you drinking.” Liam said his voice barely audible.

“Why Liam?”

“I don’t know. I just really don’t.”

I laughed again as he hurled the bottle into the trashcan.

“You amuse me Liam.”

“Ha-ha so funny.”

“Nothing’s funny Li.”

“Yeah, whatever Gracie.”

“Don’t call me that!”

Liam smiled as Sammy rolled her eyes at us, giving me as look as if to say ‘you so love him’. I only hoped I wasn’t giving Liam the idea that I felt something for him. I narrowed my eyes at her and she took a sip of her beer, turning on her heels.

“So I met the guy who moved into your old house with his mom. He’s our age and will be a senior too.”

“Oh, really?”

“Yeah. He seems like a pretty cool name. What was his name…oh Harry.”

“Harry.” I repeated, not really knowing why Liam was telling me all of this.

Was he trying to distract me from something? Something strange was going on with him and I could tell. My theory was proven as I watched him bite his lip. His hands were even shaking.

“Liam what’s up? You seem a little off tonight.”

“Well I really just wanted to tell you someth…”

“Hey Liam!”

Some of Liam’s friends waved him over and he sighed, looking over at them.

“It’s okay Liam we’ll talk later about whatever it is.” I assured him, waving as I looked around for Sammy.

She had to be around here somewhere. I eventually spotted her talking with some of our friends laughing as she pushed her curly blond hair off her shoulder.

“Sam!” I screamed

She looked around then spotted me, waving me over to the group. She was hanging on one guy with really dark hair, a few tattoos on his arms visible. He was really cute.