Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Grace’s POV                                                     

“Hey, isn’t this the night where I convince you to have sex with me and tell you I have a room key and a condom in my jacket pocket?”

I giggled into Harry’s suit clad chest. I still couldn’t believe I’d gotten him into a suit. It was already Prom night and in less than a month we would be graduating. I looked over at Sammy and Calum dancing to a slow song. She had told him about kissing Liam and told him that it was a mistake that would never happen again. Sammy told Calum about her going to Columbia and she had told me that he cried the night she told him. I couldn’t imagine Calum crying but I knew that would be hard to watch. Sammy promised that she would visit but I think that they were just putting off the inevitable breakup for as long as they could. I hoped they would work but I really didn’t see how they could. New York is on the other side of the country from Oregon. How could that possibly work?

I looked up into Harry’s green eyes. I loved looking at his eyes, the specs of darker green among lighter.

“Harry, we’re going to work right? I mean, we’re going to work in New York, right?”

His lips parted but then he pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead.

“Of course baby.”

“Harry, do you ever think about the future? Like after New York, what will we do then?”

“Um…come back here? Maybe we could go to England for a while to stay with my mum?”

I nodded. So he does think about us? I liked the fact that Harry and I were forever. It gave me peace of mind to know that I had him for the long haul. Some people just didn’t understand that but I knew he wasn’t just my high school boyfriend. Harry and I danced for two more songs before I told him I had to use the restroom.

“Try not to run off with some nerd, yeah?”

“I’ll try Harold.” I said, kissing his cheek.

I watched him walk over to talk to Calum and start talking. I took one look at Liam with his date before walking off to the bathroom. Liam was with Kate from my Calculus class. She was smart and pretty but I didn’t like her much. I wasn’t sure the reason, but I didn’t. Liam and I hadn’t talked much but I knew that we would work things out. I knew that for sure. We always worked things out and I hoped and prayed that it wouldn’t be different this time. We would be in most of the same classes at NYU. I would only have two classes alone. I looked forward to moving to New York next month. School wouldn’t start for me until the end of August but Harry would begin work in June. I was happy for him because I knew how excited he was. I was also happy that we would be living with each other and would be able to spend a lot of time together, for the first two months at least.

When I made my way back to Harry, a girl I didn’t recognize was standing there talking to him. She must have been a junior because I had never seen her. Harry looked uncomfortable and he kept looking down at his hands, not talking much. I walked up to him, snaking my hand around his waist.