Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Grace's POV

I walked up Liam's front steps, my heart starting to pound. I can do this. What's the worst he can do? Tell me to leave? I don't know if I can take him being upset with me. Liam's never really been this mad at me. Ever. Liam is always so understanding and gentle. He has always been my constant, my rock. I brought my shaking fist up and knocked on the door a few times. I tried to steady my breathing as I heard heavy footsteps approach. When Liam came into view, I clutched at my chest, no longer able to breathe. Tears pooled in his reddened eyes. No. No. No.

"Liam..."

"I can't believe you did this. Why wouldn't you tell me? If you wanted him and not me you could have told me. I could've handled it. But now you've got me hooked and this really sucks."

"Liam...I didn't plan this. Harry doesn't even care about me. He doesn't want me."

He stifled a laugh but I could tell that nothing about this was humorous to him.

"Yeah...right." He said sarcasm clear in his tone.

"It's true. I just asked him. He doesn't want me. He doesn't."

"Like that matters. You still lied and to me it doesn't matter what he wants. What matters to me is you. You obviously feel something for him."

I couldn't even deny it. Harry had me hooked around his finger ever since I picked him up when he was drunk. The way his curls clung to his forehead. The way that he'd pulled me close in bed. Even the way he yelled at me. Everything about him somehow had an effect on me.

"I...can't help it." I admitted.

It was better to be honest with Liam. If I wasn't honest, it would not only ruin this new stage we were in but also our friendship. I couldn't lose him no matter what. I couldn't lose Liam as a friend, not even for Harry.

"We can work this out." I assured him.

"Can we though?"

"Yes Liam. I won't see him anymore."

I watched him run a hand over his short hair. He was obviously debating on what to do, whether or not to trust me.

"You swear you won't?"

"I swear Liam. He doesn't even try and I had so much fun with you."

"Grace, I won't be able to look past this if it happens aga..."

"It won't Liam."

He nodded, pulling my body in.

"Come take a nap with me? I'm exhausted."

I smiled, taking his hand. Liam pulled me up the stairs and I climbed into bed with him. It didn't feel the same as when I was with Harry. I couldn't be with Harry. I won't. He'll break my heart. I know it.

Liam's POV

I held her body close to my chest, stroking her hair. She'd fallen asleep moments earlier and I was wide awake, not able to look away from her sleeping figure. I couldn't stay mad at her for a second. If Harry didn't stay away, I didn't know what I would do. I wanted all of her, not just part of her. Harry couldn't have a single freaking piece of her. I knew he would shatter her heart. I would never let that happen.

If she was mine, I would tell her all the time how beautiful she is. I wouldn't put her down or yell at her. I would put her needs before my own and I would hold her so close every night until she fell asleep. I wouldn't be able to stay away from her for long periods of time because I would miss her too much. She would be mine and I would be hers. Eventually, we would get to the point where she would let me have all of her and I would make her first time perfect. I would laugh at her jokes even when they aren't funny. I would treat her how a woman is supposed to be treated and I would tell her how much I loved her every minute of every day.