Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Grace’s POV

I think I actually convinced him that I didn’t want anything to do with him even though that couldn’t be any further from the truth. I wanted him. I would easily give it up for him right now. I would let him do whatever he wanted to me if I could just feel him. I always loved tugging at his hair, getting a moan out of him. I’d do anything to be able to hear that right now.

What the hell? I’m losing my mind. I actually jumped about two feet in the air when my phone rang, the personalized ringtone letting me know that it was Austin. When I picked up the phone though, I heard Zander’s voice. Austin had given in this morning and let Zander go to work with him.

“Give me that phone.” I heard as there was a shuffling sound on the other end.

“Grace? You there?” Austin asked.

“Yeah I’m here. Do you need help at the restaurant?”

“No! No! You stay home and relax. I just wanted to let you know that tonight mom and dad want you to meet us here to have a dinner tonight…to congratulate you.”

“Um…we already went out to dinner.”

“I know but they…um want this to be like a small family thing so don’t invite Li…anyone.”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and just looked at it. Since when is Austin at a loss for words? I heard Zander talking to someone in the background but I couldn’t hear what he was saying. I got confused when Austin muttered a ‘shhh’.

“Um…I have to go Grace. Just stay at home and don’t come until six thirty. Okay? Love you.” He rushed, hanging up before I even got a chance to respond.

All I could think was ‘what the heck is going on?’

I was dressed and ready to go by six so to pass some time, I decided to call my mom and see if I could get anything out of her. Somebody had to tell me what was going on or I knew I was going to explode.

“Grace? You’re not coming yet are you?”

“No. Austin told me not to get there until six thirty so I’m waiting. Mom, what is going on?”

“Uh just a small family thing to celebrate you getting into NYU.”

“We already went out mom.”

“Oh I know honey but this is a planned event so it’s more…official and Tuff is cooking your favorite to eat. Anyway, you can go ahead and come.”

“You guys are acting really weird.”

“No we’re not. I have to go sweetie. See you in a minute.”