Chapter 46

Chapter 46

Grace’s POV

Harry had been in our room for hours talking to someone on the phone. I sat and watched TV. That’s what I did most of the time. I couldn’t give in and let him think that his behavior was fine. I couldn’t help it. The truth is, I hadn’t forgiven him for what happened. It had pained me so much that I felt like there was nothing left of me to forgive him. For a long time, it felt like I was walking on thin ice and now it felt like I had one leg in the water. I wanted Harry to be the one pulling me up but he kept pushing me farther. The ice was slowly cracking and I just hoped I wouldn’t fall in.

I didn’t know who he was talking to but I didn’t really want to know either. I waited. I waited and waited but Harry stayed in the bedroom. I could hear him talking but couldn’t hear what he was saying. I jumped a little when he came out of the bedroom. I looked away from him. He came into the living room and picked up his jeans from yesterday off the floor. In the past week, I hadn’t been myself. Usually, I would’ve gotten them the second he threw them down. I wasn’t myself. He reached inside for his packet of cigarettes. At first, I thought he was going to go outside to smoke but he pulled the cigarettes out of the packet and started ripping them up. A sob escaped his lips and he threw them into the garbage can.

“I’m so sorry Grace. I’m sorry for drinking. I’m so sorry.” He said.

I turned around, burying my face into the back of the couch. I heard him leave, the door shutting behind him. I cried into the couch, wishing that he wouldn’t have left. For the first time in a week, I wanted him to touch me and for us to be fine. I wanted him to hold me and talk to me in that low voice of his. I got up and stumbled into the bathroom, turning on hot water and stripping out of my clothes before climbing into the shower. I let the water relax me, soothing my aching muscles. My tears mixed with the water. I wanted him here. I slid down the shower wall and sat on the floor. I sat there until the water turned cold and only then did I turn it off. I slid back down, really crying now. I reached for my towel, drying myself off. I wrapped the towel around my body and went into our bedroom. I climbed naked into his side of the bed, weeping the whole way. His scent was everywhere making it hard for me not to cry. I was crying so much that I barely heard our bedroom door open.

“Grace? Grace, what’s wrong?”

His voice made me hysterically cry. Why did he do it? Why did he drink? It was because of me.

“Grace.”

Harry pulled back the covers and winced.

“Grace…No! No! I can’t see you like this. I broke your heart, didn’t I?”

“Harry, You couldn’t have hurt me in a worse way if you tried.” I said, finally being honest.

I cried harder than I ever hand. Harry stripped out of his clothes but kept his boxers on. He climbed in beside me and pulled my completely naked body into his chest. Oh god, I needed this.

“Grace, Dr. Rollins is coming to talk to me…to us.”