Chapter 45

Chapter 45

Grace’s POV

“Well? Why didn’t you tell me? Huh? This is unacceptable. You basically lied to me! How can I trust you when you don’t tell me things?” Harry’s voice boomed through the phone.

“I didn’t do anything Harry!” I practically screamed.

“Oh my god Grace. You’re dropping out of both of those classes.” He threatened.

Who does he think he is? My father? Well he’s not. This overprotective mess has to stop.

“Um…I am not dropping out of my classes. I didn’t tell you because nothing went wrong. Yes, he did look at me for a brief moment but that’s all. He didn’t do anything and I am not…I repeat, I am not dropping his classes.”

He was silent for a moment long enough for me to get anxious.

“Then I’m not coming home tonight. What about that? Huh?”

“What do you mean, you’re not coming home?”

“I mean exactly that.”

I sighed, kicking the wooden table and stubbing my toe. I shrieked.

“What was that? What happened?” he asked.

“I stubbed my toe. You’re not really considering not coming home, are you? You have to come home.”

“I will if you drop.”

“See you in the morning then.” I painfully said.

I wanted more than anything to give into him but I wouldn’t let Harry run my entire life. I couldn’t. He was treating me like a prisoner. I could hear loud voices and laughs from Harry’s end of the phone.

“Where are you?”

“Don’t do this Grace. Just drop his class. Please.”

“No! You don’t do this. We fight all the time now because you are being an insecure, suffocating, overprotective, possessive ass.”

With that, I hung up and powered off my phone. I cried into Harry’s pillow, his piney scent filling my senses. I’d never said anything like that to Harry and even though I felt extremely guilty, part of me felt relieved. Ever since New York he’s gotten so much weirder. I feel like I’m always on eggshells around him and I have to ask permission for every little thing I do. I can’t even wear the shorts I want to wear without him getting all weird. He doesn’t trust me. Yes, he loves me but he doesn’t receive love as well as he gives it. That’s exactly what it comes down to; Harry doesn’t know how to let me love him.

I sobbed on our bed for nearly two hours and when I finally realized he wasn’t coming home, I climbed under the sheets and wrapped my arms around his pillow until I fell asleep. Can we make it through this life together the way it’s going? Can we make it?