Chapter 10

A/N

So I know that I usually start off with Grace's POV but I really wanted this part to be in Harry's POV so I'm switching it for this one chapter. There will also be a brief Harry POV at the end of this chapter. This chapter is fairly long so I hope you enjoy! Please comment your thoughts!

Chapter 10

Harry's POV

I liked the adrenaline rush that came from this job. I liked staying so busy that I couldn't think of anything else. What my father did had been haunting me ever since it happened. I could still feel the sting of his belt on my skin. I still had nightmares about being abused when I was a child. Feeling weak sucks. As soon as I moved in with my mom I became obsessed with working out and had obtained a gym membership since the age of thirteen. Compared to mostly anybody I felt strong but when it came to my dad...

"Guys, I have to get going. You think you two can manage cleaning and locking up tonight?" Austin asked at around seven.

"Yeah, we close in half an hour anyway." Grace replied, nodding.

"Okay...well I guess I will see you at home later. Did mom tell you that Zander is staying with Gram?"

"Yep...I'm going out tonight so don't wait up for me."

I looked over at Grace, watching her clean off the counter top around the register. I wanted to ask her where she was going tonight but I didn't dare. It wasn't my business and I had to keep reminding myself of this.

"Okay, sure." Austin said nonchalantly as he walked out the door.

As the last few people finished up eating, Grace flipped the sign over on the door to let people know the restaurant was now closed. Considering the size of this town, I was pretty sure that everyone probably had the store hours memorized. I rang up the last customer and Grace locked the doors behind them.

"So...this was a pretty crazy night." I said.

Honestly, I didn't really know what to say to her. I had never been nervous around girls until her. With Grace it's like sometimes my heart is pounding and I'm all nervous and other times, I'm completely calm and comfortable.

"Yeah it always is on Friday's. We don't stay open that late so everyone comes in around the same time."

I nodded as she handed me a rag and some cleaner, her hand brushing against mine. I smiled when I noticed that her cheeks were flushed a light pink color. I started cleaning tables at one end and Grace started at the other.

"So...are you being so short with me for a reason?" I asked even though I was pretty sure I already knew the answer.

"Oh no...no reason."

I looked over to her but her back was facing me. I looked at her bum again, biting my lip as she worked to get the surface of a table clean. I smiled, actually enjoying myself.

"Yeah, that is bullshit."

I flinched when she slammed the cleaner on the glass top of the table, turning on her heels.

"I thought I said we were keeping this professional? The last person I wanted to see when I walked in here today was you."

Ouch.

"Grace, I'm sorry but I didn't do anything to you."

I could feel my blood starting to boil. This anger was appealing and all too familiar. I almost wanted to get worked up and by the looks of it; she wasn't going to back down either.

"Oh yeah? You just want to play a game."

"You don't know what the fuck you're talking about!"

"It's not hard to get Harry. There are so many others just like you. You lead someone on and then pull the rug out from under them. Then you come in here and apply at my job and act all sweet with your smile. I don't want to play whatever this game is. You told me that we shouldn't talk so why are you here?"

Be Mine? || Harry Stylesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें