Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Grace's POV

"There is nothing to not like. You're perfect Harry."

Harry reached for my hand, kissing the back of it, but I could still tell that he was a little nervous. I knew that my dad would like Harry and I didn't fancy a nervous Harry. Something was a little unsettling about Harry being nervous.

"I...let's just go in."

I held his hand in mine as we walked through the threshold. I was excited, agitated, but excited. I wanted Harry to know all of my family and I wanted him to be comfortable around them. What I didn't expect was to see Liam as soon as I walked through the foyer. No. No. No. This cannot be happening right now. Liam's lips parted when he saw me and stepped closer. His eyes flicked between Harry and I before he stifled a laugh.

"Wow. I am so stupid." He muttered.

I bit my lip, knowing Liam was mad, and in front of my parents too. He must've come here looking for me.

"Liam I..."

"No. Don't even. You promised me. You promised me that you would stop seeing him. Just look at him Grace! How can you do this to me?"

"Liam...I...I have no excuse. I'm sorry."

"Do you even know what you said to me at that party? Huh?"

I looked over to my parents and they took the hint to escape to the kitchen. I gave them a small reassuring smile to let them know that I could handle this. Could I handle this?

"Liam you know I don't remember. I was drunk."

"You kept asking for him, calling out for him. You asked me if I was him and when I told you no you told me that 'I might as well leave then'".

I closed my eyes, rubbing my forehead to relieve the pain of a headache that was coming on.

"Grace, do you know how hard that was to hear?"

"Liam..."

Liam took a step closer, firmly grabbing my wrist.

"Don't touch her." I heard Harry's voice growl from behind me.

Liam pulled me behind him, shielding me with his body.

"Let's get one thing straight; you do not tell me what to do with my best friend. You've known her what? A month? I've known her since we were born. I'm not just going to let you come in and act like you have some weird freaking claim on her because you don't. Got it?"

Never in my life had I seen Liam like this and he had me temporarily at a loss for words. I couldn't speak.

"I'm not doing this in her parent's house. If you want to settle this outside, I'd be happy to oblige."

Harry was being calm, too calm and this fact shocked me even more. I was expecting him to throw a punch by now. Liam ignored Harry, turning to face me.

"Are you coming with me?"

"W-what?"

"Are you coming with your best friend? We need to talk. Please Gracie."

My heart ached at his pleading tone and for a split second I actually considered it. No Grace. You're with Harry now. Don't screw this up.

"I think I'll stay with my boyfriend. I think you should go Liam."

"What? Are you freaking kidding me?"

"You heard her." Harry said, keeping his voice low and even despite his hands clenched into tight fists.