Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Grace's POV

Harry and I went to breakfast at the Waffle House, his choice. I ordered some hash browns and Harry ordered waffles, bacon, and hash browns, devouring every single bite.

"I'm going to throw this up eventually."

I smiled, taking a sip of my Coke.

Harry's piercing green eyes met mine and I couldn't look away.

"I'm sorry, you know that?"

I nodded. This morning was like the calm after the storm instead of before. Harry had apologized about fifty times but I remained quiet, not wanting him to know how I was feeling about him inside. I could feel butterflies in my stomach but I couldn't and wouldn't admit that to Harry.

"I don't know what to say. You're so quiet."

"I'm kind of just waiting on you to blow up on me again." I admitted honestly.

His lips parted in shock and he got up from his seat, sliding into my booth beside me.

"It's not going to happen. You don't understand why I'm trying to keep my distance. You can't be with someone like me. You just can't."

"So tell me."

"I can't...not right here."

"Then take me somewhere where you can."

He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers. He placed a couple of bills on the table and led me outside.

"You want to drive?" I asked, offering him the keys.

Harry took them in his hand, opening the door for me before climbing behind the wheel. My heart warmed at his polite gesture. What surprised me even more was that he held my hand in the car again in between shifting gears.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

He shrugged his shoulders and glanced over at me.

"Somewhere alone."

"Harry, maybe you should go home. I'm sure your mom is really worried about you. Oh and....I text her last night. I hope you're not mad."

"Mad? You probably saved my ass by doing that. Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know. You just seem to get pretty upset when I mention your family."

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to be. It just comes so natural."

I nodded, already knowing this was what he would say. I just hoped that Harry would see that he could trust me. Anything he could possibly tell me would be safe with me. I would never betray that trust.

"Harry, you can trust me. I'm not going to..."

He slammed his hand against the steering wheel, pulling off the side of the road. The look in his eyes was so intense that I wanted to look away. Something was stopping me from doing so.

"Don't you think I know that Grace? This has nothing to do with you. I know I can trust you so don't fucking tell me that."

"I...I'm sorry." I apologized, not knowing what made him upset again.

We drove to wherever Harry was driving to in silence. I should've been nervous and uncomfortable but I wasn't. After Harry made a few turns, we ended up on a gravel road. I had no idea where we were but I was afraid he would snap at me if I asked.

"Where are we?"

"Stay in the car." Harry ordered before opening his door and climbing out.

What the...my door opened seconds later and Harry knelt down beside me. I didn't know what he was going to do. When he slid his arms underneath me, my heart rate picked up. Harry carried me bridal style all the way down a trail leading into the woods.