Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Grace's POV

I stuffed my trembling hands into my pockets, trying to gather at least an ounce of solace. I was terrified. I was anxious about seeing Liam again for a reason unknown. Maybe it was Madalyn, the girl Sammy told me he was seeing. She lived back home in Oregon so I wasn't sure how that was going to work out. I was even more anxious about my classes. This was college. This is where it really counts, what I do counts because it's going to determine the person I become. My heart pounded in my chest as I pulled out my map even though I already knew where my first class was. English 101. Room 227. I climbed the stairs, walking right past a group of people waiting for the elevator. Liam would be in my second class but sadly he wouldn't be in my English 101, Beginning Composition class. I wouldn't know anyone. I took a deep breath, standing outside of room 227. I just kind of stood there staring at the door, wondering about the other side.

"Nervous?" I heard a deep voice ask.

I jumped, noticing someone standing right beside me. I almost gasped at the gorgeous figure to my right side. He stood there, a leather bag hanging across his body. He was so tan with dark hair and the prettiest caramel eyes. Wow. To me, nobody could compare to Harry but this guy, he was that gorgeous type, like a model. He was flawless. I noticed that he had two earrings that complemented his style. He was dressed in tight skinny jeans and a red and black checkered flannel shirt, exposing tattoos on his arms and chest.

"I bet I'm more nervous." He said and I realized that I hadn't answered his question.

Wow. That accent. It was so similar to Harry's.

"I doubt that. I might throw up before this is over with."

He smirked and brushed past me into the room. I followed behind me, not knowing exactly what to think about him. I watched him take a seat in the back of the room and I hesitated before giving in a taking a seat beside him. I now noticed that he had one earbud in his ear, the other handing down beside him. He glanced at me, arching an eyebrow.

"I'm Zayn...Zayn Malik." He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Oh. I'm Grace Absure."

"So where are you from Grace?"

"Oregon...on the other side of the country."

"I'm from England...Bradford really."

I nodded. I didn't really even know where that was. To me Zayn was intimidating. It's like he was so perfect that I felt inferior. He wasn't rude or superficial at all but part of me wondered how somebody could be that perfect. I sat for a moment until somebody rushed into the classroom singing a song by Justin Timberlake. It reminded me of Liam but this guy was extremely different from Liam. He had blond hair and an Irish accent. Wow. This place was amazing. There were people from everywhere.

"Anyone sitting here babe?" the blond asked me and I immediately shook my head, feeling self-conscious.

"Um...N-No."

Great, so now I stutter? What is wrong with me?

"Hi I'm Niall." The blond said excitedly, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Grace." I muttered, shocked by how forthcoming he was.

I pulled my hand away and faced the front of the classroom, my mouth dropping open as our professor walked into the room. What the heck? How young is he? His hair was jet black, pale skin, and the bluest eyes, even more blue than mine. He was tall, probably Harry's height and he was wearing a crisp navy suit with a coral blue tie, making his eyes stand out even more. He was one of those profs that all of the girls would have a crush on no doubt. He looked so young. I looked down at my schedule. Mr. Keller.