Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Grace's POV

My celebratory dinner on Friday night was actually fun but I couldn't stop thinking that it would have been so much better if Harry would have been there with me. I tried not to think about him too much these days. I was pretty sure I wasn't what was on his mind anymore. He was probably thinking about that cute girl from my psych class. Ugh. She was prettier than me and I hated picturing Harry with her. Was I just not good enough? He wouldn't even give me an explanation when he broke up with me. Honestly, I thought the incident with his father freaked him out a little and that he would be apologizing the next day. Never did I think that this was happening.

"Grace?"

I looked up to find my dad standing in my doorway. He tapped at the open door even though I could already see him.

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah dad."

He came in and sat beside me at the foot of my bed.

"What's up dad?"

"I just want you to know how proud I am of you. I mean, going to NYU. That's huge and I just wanted to make sure that you know me and your mom support whatever decision you make."

What? Did they not think I would go? Of course I will go.

"Not that it's really a decision because I know how badly you want to go. I'm just saying that we will always support you. I will always support you and I'm so proud."

"Don't make me cry old man?"

"Who you calling old? I wasn't much older than you when we had Austin so don't be calling me old."

I let out a quiet laugh and gave my dad a sideways hug.

"Thank you dad and I do really want to go."

"We might just have to move with you, although, I'm not too fond of not having any woods. What, aren't there like six trees in that one park?"

"Central park dad."

"Yeah that one."

I stifled a laugh.

"Well how about you come to visit me a lot."

"Deal." He said, playfully shaking my hand.

"There's one more thing Grace."

"What's that?"

"I'm sorry about...Harry."

My body stiffened and I bit my lip so hard that I think I tasted blood. My dad hadn't brought up Harry once since the breakup so it caught me off guard. I knew my mom had told him about me crying myself to sleep on many occasions but he never said anything until now. It hurt to hear someone actually say his name out loud. I had to bite my cheek to prevent me from bursting into embarrassing tears.

"It's...hard but I guess it's for the best."

"You know, if it's meant to be, you'll find your way back to each other."

"I know." I lied.

I didn't know that. I wasn't sure if we would ever work through this. Harry just had this idea that I was too good in his head and for some reason; he just wouldn't let it go.

"So what's the plan today? Your mom was thinking about taking Zander to the corn maze. We could make a family trip out of it?"

"Okay. I just want to go to the bookstore and then we can go when I get back. Liam has been talking about this book that he really wants and I figured I might just get it for him."