Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Grace’s POV

It scared me when Harry told me that his father had escaped from jail.

“Wait how does someone even escape from jail?”

“It happens all the time. He was able to get out and there was a car waiting on him…one of his mates. They gunned down a cop.”

My mouth fell open, memories of a revolver pressed to my head coming back to me.

“It’s okay. The police are looking for him and there’s a patrol car outside of the house. Everything’s going to be fine.”

I nodded and we dropped the subject, neither one of us too keen on the subject of Harry’s father.

……………

*Two months later*

The holidays came and went in a flash and I couldn’t believe that the school year was over half way over. Christmas break was amazing and I was able to spend more time with Harry. We were doing so amazing and I’d never been happier with my life. I wanted to stay this way forever and I knew that Harry did too. I had been saving money like crazy, knowing that we would be tight when we got to New York. My parents were going to cover the rent on our apartment and even though that bothered Harry badly, he agreed. I wasn’t sure what exactly Harry was going to do and when I asked him, he told me that he would find a job. He wasn’t going to go to college even though he was extremely smart. I wanted him to want this and not just be going for me but I couldn’t imagine life without him. One day, I told him that he could go to England and that we would work it out but that caused a fight all its own. He was mad at me for two days and eventually I asked him why it upset him that I asked that. He replied by telling me that living without me would be so unbearable that he was afraid he would go back to the person he used to be and that the idea of being that person scared him. I was of course emotional by his confession and I said something I never thought I would say, ever.

“I’ll go to England with you. I will. If you want me to, I’ll go with you.”

His eyes widened and he turned to me with furrowed eyebrows, not believing what I just said.

“Grace, don’t say that. We are going to New York together and that’s final.”

I think he was just surprised that I actually offered. He knew I wanted to go to NYU but I felt the need to let him know how much he meant to me. If he would’ve agreed, I would’ve gone with him to England. I would’ve for him.

So now both of us were saving money like crazy. Harry even picked up another job doing yard work and I barely saw him throughout the week. My parents told me they would help Harry and me financially and cover whatever we needed but Harry and I wanted to pay for as much as we could. Liam was thinking about getting an apartment in the same building as Harry and I. We were planning on signing up for most of the same classes considering we were both going to be English majors. I still hadn’t gotten a letter from Columbia but I had already decided to go to NYU. Two days ago, Sammy had told me that she applied to Columbia. I had screamed for nearly five minutes.