Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Grace’s POV

I smiled to myself as I took orders and cleaned tables. Our cook, Tuff was even laughing at me as I skipped through the kitchen.

“Somebody had a good night.”

“Yeah.” I smiled.

I heard my phone beep in my apron pocket, signaling I had a text message. I pulled at my phone, grinning when I saw Harry’s name.

Harry: You okay?

Me: Of course. Why do you ask?

Harry: No reason. I love you.

Me: I love you too! See you tonight!

He didn’t reply and I frowned as I tucked my phone back into my pocket. Tuff was looking down at me with amused eyes.

“Go do your job.” He said, waving his spatula at me.

“Okay. Okay.”

“I’m still mad that I didn’t get a chance with you. I was going to ask you out the day after your graduation but you settled for the kid. I mean, look at me. I’m a chef and I have all of this.” He said motioning to his muscular build.

I blushed but probably would have turned him down if I never would’ve known Harry. He was just a bit too cocky for my taste. I laughed and returned to my glorious job. After several hours, the crowd started to die down and I took a minute to check my phone. I had one message but it wasn’t from Harry. It was from Liam.

Liam: Sammy told me about you and Harry and it’s okay. I knew this was coming. Even though I really don’t get it, you love him. I’m not just going to stop being your friend though. He can forget about that.

Me: Liam, I am so happy to hear that. Why don’t you come by towards the end of my shift and have a milkshake, on the house.

Liam: You know I can’t pass up a free milkshake. I’ll be there.

I smiled, feeling so relieved that Liam was being so understanding. I needed to stop leading him on. I never should have kissed him, and more than once. That was stupid because even after Harry broke up with me, I knew he was the only person for me. Nothing can change that. I never told Harry about kissing Liam and I didn’t want to. I had only told Sam. I wanted to call Sammy and tell her about my night in paradise but I knew that I’d be seeing her tonight. When I text her, she told me that Calum and her had made plans to go to an eighteen and over club and would love for Harry and I to come along. I agreed, telling her I would talk to Harry. I really wanted to go.

Liam came just like he said he would and I made him a milkshake. He was great at keeping me company while I worked and we talked and laughed just like we always did around each other. I didn’t tell him about last night because I felt like that would be kind of inappropriate, all things considered, but I did invite him with us to the club. Sammy had said there would be a big group of people going including some of Cal’s friends. Liam agreed but scowled when I even mentioned Harry’s name.