Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Grace’s POV

“Grace, you don’t know how sorry I am.”

“I don’t want to hear it Liam. Let’s just go on the tour and you can leave me alone while we do it.”

“Grace…”                                                                               

“Why weren’t you going to tell me?”

Is this how Harry felt when I’d kissed Liam and didn’t tell him? If so, I felt guilty now.

“I don’t know. I just…I didn’t even feel anything when I kissed her.”

“That’s not the point!” I said, turning around to face him.

“Grace, for a second, I fantasized that I was kissing you. I know that is so messed up but I’m not going to lie to you. I thought maybe Sammy could help me move on but nothing works. Grace, I’m going crazy without you. I can’t even…”

“Stop Liam! You know nothing is going to happen between us. I’ve told you that. I love him Liam! I’m never ever going to hurt him and you better never kiss me…or my best friend ever again.” I yelled, walking away from him.

I knew he was trailing behind me but I didn’t look. If I looked him in the eyes, I would cave. I knew I would cave as soon as I saw his sad eyes and that stupid puppy dog look he always had. I couldn’t look at that or I would cave.

“Grace, I didn’t want to hurt you. You have to know that.”

“I’m not hurt.” I lied.

“Bull.”

“I knew you weren’t perfect Liam but I never thought you would do anything like this. You can’t just go kiss Sammy because I turned you down.”

“I know.”

“And you can’t turn right back around and kiss me. It’s just not right. Why are you doing this to me now? You and Harry were just getting along and now he barely let me leave the hotel room this morning.”

“I told you, I love you.”

“No.”

“Yes. What if he does it again Grace? What makes you trust him so much? I don’t understand how you can believe that he won’t hurt you again.”

“He won’t.”

“What if he does? If he does, will you leave him? If he hurts you again, will you leave him?”