Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Grace's POV

I looked over at my older brother Austin after explaining my situation to him.

"So wait a second Grace, you like Liam? Like the same Liam we grew up with? Liam Payne?"

I bit my lip, not knowing exactly how to respond.

"No...maybe. I don't think so."

"But you're going on a date with him?"

"Yes." I said, nodding.

He looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head. Austin had been with the same girl, Sarah for two years so he seemed to be the prime person to get relationship advice from.

"I just don't know...you with Liam? That just seems really weird."

"Well I've been talking to this guy Harry and I really like him...he's pretty amazing."

"Wow you whore."

I slapped his arm hard and he winced, being overly dramatic.

"I think you should pick Liam! He's an awesome video gamer!" my little brother Zander yelled, barging into my room.

Zander was always getting on my last nerve and we were the two that always fought. He was the cutest kid ever but also the most annoying. I had a theory that all kids were annoying while they were going through that pre-teen stage. Zander came over to my bed and collapsed onto it, his body halfway on top of mine.

"Zander get off of me! Why do you smell like peanut butter?"

Austin laughed and thumped Zander on his head, causing him to roll off of me but not get off the bed. For some reason Zander always listened to Austin but not me. He seemed to think I wasn't old enough to tell him what to do. Whatever.

"I just ate a spoonful....well a few spoonful's of peanut butter."

I rolled my eyes, messing with his long hair. All three of us talked for a while until I ordered them out of my room, wanting to get some sleep. Before I shut my phone off, I pulled up Harry's contact and sent him a message.

Me: I'm really glad you opened up to me today.

Harry: Yeah.

I sighed, wondering if I'd said something wrong. He just seemed so short.

Me: Okay well goodnight :)

Harry: You too.

I shook my head, immediately getting a text from Liam.

Liam: Goodnight beautiful. I hope you sleep well.

Me: Awww thank you Liam. You too! See you tomorrow.

I wondered if Harry was just having a bad day or didn't really like talking to me. Was Liam my prince charming after all?

Harry's POV

I couldn't sleep at all that night. As soon as I got home, shit went down. I had been having such a good day. I had talked to Grace and had lunch with her but I wasn't thinking about any of that when I walked into my house. I walked inside finding my dad sitting on the couch. My whole body went numb and I felt like something was clamping around my throat, blocking my airway. Even worse, my mum was standing close to him, her hands shaking. I cringed when I took sight of the bottle of vodka in his hand. He looked even worse than I'd seen him in the past.

"Aww Haz, look who's home from school Anne." He said with a sinister smile that haunted my dreams.

My mother looked terrified, making this whole thing a bit worse. So much for my damn improvement because I knew I was about to come unglued at any moment. I looked behind me to find our phone off the hook. I reached into my pocket for my cell but didn't get to it before his fist connected with my jaw, causing me to double over in pain.