Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Grace's POV

I took my phone with me everywhere, hoping to get a text or call from Harry. It just wasn't happening so I drove home and took a hot shower before getting into bed. I almost squealed when my phone buzzed. I frowned when I saw Liam's name but then I had to remember that he was one of my best friends. I know that things had been tense between Liam and I but I really missed him.

"Liam?" I said into the phone.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Can I come over? I really need to talk to you."

"Yeah but..."

"I'll be at your house in five." He said, hanging up on me.

I climbed out of my bed, not really caring that I was in sweats and an oversized T-shirt. It's not like he'd never seen me like this before. Liam had seen me at pretty much my worst before. I wasn't worried about my mom caring because she absolutely loved Liam and knew he was just a friend. When I heard the doorbell ring, I ran downstairs in my sock feet. My brothers, Austin and Zander were both stuffing their faces in the kitchen. I flicked Austin's forehead, making him roll his eyes as I opened the door. Even in the dark, Liam was glowing. He waved to my brothers as he stepped into my kitchen. He started talking to Liam but I interrupted them by pulling Liam up the stairs and into my room. He laid on my bed, staring at my lava lamp.

"I really need to talk to you Grace."

"Well then talk to me Liam."

He sat up, motioning for me to sit down beside him. My mouth fell open when his large hand cupped my cheek.

"Liam..."

"You know exactly how I feel about you, don't you?"

I nodded.

"I think so."

"And how do you feel?"

"I..."

I was about to explain that I didn't feel the same but something came over me and I just couldn't. Here he was sitting beside me on my bed, looking so handsome and I just couldn't tell him. I was attracted to him but I didn't know how I could ever date my best friend. Isn't that just something you don't do?

"Liam...I like you but I'm not sure..."

"It's okay. As long as I know I have a chance with you. Grace, just give us a chance. That's all I'm asking. You give us one chance and if you don't feel the same, we'll just stop. Grace, nothing can ruin our friendship so please just give this a shot for me."

How could I say no to him? How could I possibly say no to that face? I knew I couldn't. I wasn't even sure if Harry's little stunt from earlier meant anything to him and he hadn't text me since.

"Of course I'll give us a chance. This doesn't mean we're dating though. This means I'll go on a date with you."

"Done. Friday night, you and me."

"Okay." I nodded, laying back on my bed with Liam.

He reached out, poking me in the ribs.

"Liam, you know how ticklish I am."

"Yeah, I do know." He replied, continuing to poke me until I literally couldn't breathe.

"Liam!" I screamed, kicking him hard.

"Okay! Dang woman."

I buried my head into his chest and tried to steady my breathing.

"Grace, I've liked you for a really long time."