Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Grace’s POV

Fromage had become our spot. Niall, Liam, and I would go after school every other day if not every day. I loved being close to Harry and I loved having my friends around. Our essay for English was going to be due in exactly a week so on Wednesday, Niall and I went to Fromage after school to work on it together. Honestly, I had my paper done back in June but I made some adjustments to it after some comments that Professor Charlie had mentioned in class. Niall sat beside me, tapping away on his computer. I had helped him with his thesis and he had been blown away after reading my paper. I didn’t think that it was that great but he seemed to think it was.

“You should email him your paper.” Niall suggested.

“You think?”

“Yeah. Be a teacher’s pet. It can only do you good.”

I shook my head and drafted a new email. I attached my paper and took Niall’s advice, sending the email.

Subject: Theme Essay

Professor Charlie,

I would love for you to take a look at my paper. My class section is English Comp. 101-002 MWF (9:00-9:55 a.m.) If you have any suggestions I would love to take them into account. I am concerned about my conclusion.

Thanks,

Grace Absure

I sighed, relieved after hitting send. I was aware that he probably wouldn’t even respond but it was at least worth a try. He was so intimidating and I felt much more comfortable with emailing him than scheduling time with him one on one. I didn’t want to schedule an appointment with him. I wasn’t really even worried about my essay. I was terrified about the presentation, scared that I would choke or get so nervous and faint. Twenty minute later I heard a ‘ping’ from the inbox of my email.

Subject: Inappropriate Names and Essay Assignments

Grace,

Please do call me Charlie. I am twenty-six and feel that it is inappropriate for you to call me by anything other than my first name. Also, I do already happen to know your class section. I only teach two classes and you do happen to be in both of them. I have attached your paper with my notes. Your conclusion is perfect. I have made a comment about one of the in-text citations. I believe you had the wrong page number but I wouldn’t have even counted off for it. How are you feeling about the presentation?