Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Grace's POV

"Honey, come out. You've been in your room all day."

I didn't answer. Instead, I buried my face under a pillow to muffle my sobs. No matter how many tears my body produced, it wasn't enough. I just couldn't stop crying. I hated myself for not fighting harder for Harry. I hated Harry for ending my life and I hated the whole world because right now, I wanted to.

"Grace." My mom said again.

"Go away. Please go away."

I pulled out my phone and dialed Harry's number for the thirtieth time since he'd left. He forwarded me to voicemail once again and I sighed.

"Please Harry. I love you so much and I k-know we can get through this." I cried into the phone.

I didn't care if I sounded obsessive or crazy. Maybe I was crazy. Maybe I was completely and totally insane without him. I called him once more before really letting loose and balling into my pillow. I uncontrollably muttered his name over and over again, needing him here. When I heard another knock at my door, I became angry.

"Go away!" I screamed.

"Grace it's me. Open up the door."

Liam? I stumbled to my feet and unlocked the door before climbing back underneath the covers. I felt Liam's body sink into the mattress beside me and I let out a sob as he uncovered my head.

"Oh Grace."

Liam climbed in beside me and wrapped my trembling body tightly in his arms.

"Grace what did he do? Your mom told me about the incident at the restaurant but..."

"H-he b-broke up with me."

"Grace I'm so sorry. Your mom had to go down to the restaurant and nobody is here so she called me. Grace, I'm so sorry. I've been a sucky friend but I'm here now so you can just cry and I'll hold you...I'll always hold you."

I let out a few more sobs, soaking Liam's shirt. How could I trust anybody when they say 'always'? That's bull. Nobody stays forever.

"I love you Liam." I cried truthfully.

Liam wasn't filling the gap, not even close, but right now I liked having him here.

"Liam, can you call him? Please just call him and tell him that I love him."

"Grace, I don't think that's a good idea." He said, stroking my hair and trying to comfort me the only way he knew how to.

"Please Liam. I am begging you."

"Okay Grace."

I leaned up as he pulled out his phone. When Liam called him, I heard a scream that made me jump.

"What the fuck do you want?"

Harry's voice wasn't the same. He sounded like he'd been crying. Has he? No, please tell me he hasn't. Harry doesn't cry. Liam got up and exited my room so that I could only hear his voice and not Harry's.

"Dude are you really this big of an asshole...she won't stop crying because of you...of course I haven't touched her. She's calling out for you. She only wants you...Well I'm calling because she told me to tell you that she loves y...I'm sorry."

Just like that, the conversation was over and Liam appeared back in my room.

"Grace we're not doing that again okay?"

I nodded but I really just needed to know one thing.

"Did he say he loved me back?"

Liam looked down, fiddling with his hands and giving me all the answer I needed. He didn't.

Liam's POV

For weeks now I had been practically praying that Harry would screw up and that Grace would come running to me but now, I would never wish this on her. I held her fragile body in my arms and tried to get her to stop crying. When I was on the phone with Harry, I could tell that he'd been crying. When I told him that Grace loved him, I heard a loud bang and he kept cursing under his breath. I didn't understand why he would not want Grace. Why would he break up with someone like her? If I had her, I would never...

"Liam...can you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course." I nodded; pressing my lips to her forehead in what I hoped was a comforting gesture.

I didn't want Grace to go through this. I didn't know what to do for her besides hold her. Harry obviously wasn't coming and for a split second, I wished he would.

"Grace, I don't know what to do. Please don't cry. I hate seeing you like this over a guy. Listen to me okay?"

She sniffled but nodded. I looked around her room attempting to gather my thoughts.

"Okay so...you want to go to New York, right?"

She nodded again.

"Okay so..."

Just tell her Liam.

"Grace I...I applied to NYU and...I got in Grace and I'm sure you're going to get in."

Her eyebrows knitted together in confusion and she shook her head.

"You...you got in? I didn't even know you applied. Why...did you apply?"

I smiled to myself, looking down at my hands in complete embarrassment. Wasn't it obvious? Couldn't she see? I stifled a quiet laugh, shaking my head.

"Because I don't want you to be in a new place all alone. I just...thought that maybe we could get a place together or...I don't know. That's kind of stupid because you have...had Harry but..."

Before I could finish my thought, Grace's lips were on mine. Her hands entered my hair and she crawled closer to me on the bed practically climbing in my lap. What the hell? Did she really just do that? Before I could respond to her actually kissing me, she pulled away.

Her hands pushed away the hair that had fallen in her face, sticking to her tear-stained cheeks. Her eyebrows furrowed and she shook her head in embarrassment. She frowned as I tried to process what just happened.

"I'm sorry. That was...sorry."

I smiled. Did she just apologize for kissing me? She could do that anytime she wanted to. With the realization that this was such a terrible idea, I connected our lips again and kissed her. This time, really kissing her.

Harry's POV

She told me to tell you that she loves you.

"Dammit." I muttered throwing my remote against the drywall.

I had broken nearly half the crap in my room and I just wanted to break more. I wanted to beat the shit out of Liam. Of course he is with her. Every time I turn around, he tries to work his way into Grace's life. As much as it kills me to know, I'm glad she's not alone but I wish someone else was there to comfort her, like Sammy. Why does Liam have to fuck with me when I can't even do anything about it? I can't talk to Grace because if I do, I'll go back to her.

Maybe I should if she'll still have me? No. No. No. What the hell am I thinking? I have to just leave her alone. She's not even safe with me. Fuck this; I need something to drink.

You only want to drink because you think she'll come to your rescue if you do.

Damn. I couldn't get that annoying ass voice out of my head. I grabbed my car keys, ready to get trashed.

A/N

:( Sorry I had to but it will get better. I promise. -Faith