chapter two

Finally, the 1st of September had come around and everyone was so excited to go back to school.

(a/n: i dOnT rElATe To yOU nOoOoOooO)

We all woke up really early and finished packing the rest of our stuff in our trunks.
Hermione made us double check we had everything and Ron found that he had forgotten his toothbrush.

Then Mrs Weasley came in and made us triple-check everything and now Ron had found he had also forgotten a spare pair of pyjamas.

Honestly, what would he do without his mum and Hermione?

"Ron and Hermione need to get married so he never forgets anything again," I whispered to Harry and he nodded in agreement letting out a small laugh.

"That's if we ever live to see the day they stop fighting and actually tie the knot," Harry scoffs, "unlikely that will happen anytime soon."

"I don't know," I say with a small smile, "I kind of have a feeling they will."

"Wanna bet?" Harry laughs.
"Alright," I say, "2 galleons."
"Miss l/n, you have yourself a deal," Harry says shaking my hand.

"What are you two yapping about?" Hermione snaps, "we have to go in like 10 minutes hurry up!"

 ~~

About half an hour later we finally board the train and try to find a compartment to settle in when Ron says, "wait, where's scabbers?"

He starts to panic and looks around and under the seats.

"RON, RON!" I hear Ron's name being yelled from outside the train in the station so I crack open the window and sure enough, there's Mrs Weasley running towards us yelling for Ron with the big squirming rat in her hand.

"Uh, Ron?" I say sheepishly, "it's for you."

Ron looks confused and peeps out of the window. Mrs Weasley passes him the rat and yells, "don't lose him!" before the train starts and leaves kings cross.

We walk along the hall of the train searching for an empty carriage for us to sit as Harry tells us why he so suddenly left home.
"I didn't mean to blow her up. I just," he sighs, "I lost control."
"Brilliant," Ron laughs.
"Honestly, Ron it's not funny, Harry was lucky not to be expelled," Hermione scolds.
"Think I was lucky not to be arrested actually," Harry mumbles and Ron chuckles again.
"I still think it's brilliant," he remarks.

We reach the end compartment and see a man sitting inside by himself. He has his cloak covering his face, presumably asleep.
"Come on, everywhere else is full," Hermione tells us opening the door and we all enter.
"Who do you think that is?" Ron asks.
"R.J Lupin, obviously," I say and Ron looks at me in astonishment.

"How do you know that? You know him or something?" he asks and I smirk at him.
Hermione scoffs, "it's on his suitcase, Ronald."
"Oh," Ron says, embarrassed.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" Harry asks, looking at the man.
"Seems to be, why?" Hermione asks.

Harry gets up out of his seat to slide the door shut while muttering, "I've gotta tell you something.

~~

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black escaped from Azkaban to come after you?" Ron asked in shock after hearing what Harry had just told us.
"Yeah," Harry said.
"But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean everyone's looking for him," Hermione points out.

"Oh sure, except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before," Ron replies, "and he's a murderous raving lunatic."
"Thanks, Ron," Harry says sarcastically.