part two - chapter 14

The whole of Gryffindor bursts into applause as Harry raises the egg for everyone to see. Fred and George each lift Harry by a leg and Harry chucks the golden egg into the crowd.
"Yes, Harry!"
"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry! Lose a leg."
"Or an arm."
"Pack it all in together?"
"NEVER!" they both exclaim as Harry laughs.

This is the happiest I've seen him in weeks.

Seamus takes hold of the egg and plants a kiss atop of it, before yelling to the whole of Gryffindor, "Shush! Go on Harry, what's the clue?"

He chucks it back to Harry. He turns it over in his hands and asks, "who wants me to open it?"
Everyone cheers yes.

"Do you want me to open it?" Harry asks again looking down at everyone. His eyes land on me, and his smile grows. 
Everyone cheers yes again but even louder.

Harry looks at the egg and unscrews the top, and out comes the shrillest shriek causing everyone to cover their ears. Fred and George drop Harry in shock and he falls with a thud to the floor.

Harry quickly closes the egg.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Ron's voice comes from the door turning everyone's attention to him.

"Alright everyone," Fred says sensing the awkward tension, "go back to your knitting."
"This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without you nosy sods listening in," George says as Ron approaches Harry.
Everyone clears the room, the mood suddenly less lively.

"I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire," he says sheepily.
"Caught on have you?" Harry says, "Took you long enough."

"Well, I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it," Ron defends himself, "everyone was saying it behind your back."
"Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better," Harry says sarcastically.

Ron looks down at the floor before saying, "least I warned you about the dragon."
"Hagrid warned me about the dragon."
"No, no, no, I did," Ron says, "No, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you, that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you."

Harry looks confused.
"But Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along," Ron states and then probably realises how ridiculous he sounds because he looks to the ground in embarrassment, " I thought we'd be alright you know after you figured that out."

"Who- who could possibly figure that out?" Harry asks, "that's completely mental."
Ron laughs, "yeah, isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught."

"Glad you figured that out," Harry says.
"Well," Ron says and looks back at me, "I had some help."

Harry looks at me and smiles.
"I'm completely fine by the way," Ron says, "with you two dating and stuff. I'm sorry I was a bit of a jerk at first, I was just mad at you."

"How many times do I have to tell you Ronald, Harry and I aren't dating," I sigh.
He looks at me confused, "really? But you're all...well you know."
I shake my head, "no I don't know."

"Doesn't matter," he shakes his head before asking Harry, "we cool?"
"Yeah," Harry says smiling and Ron only bobs his head.
"Cool," he says.

"Boys," Hermione sighs looking at the pair of them.
"Tell me about it," I laugh as I sit next to her.

~time skip~

The next morning after Harry had visited Madame Pomfrey and gotten all bandaged up, we sit and eat breakfast.
The Patil twins walk past and say, "Hi Harry," in unison.

Harry only looks at them as he takes a sip of his orange juice. He looks round in the direction of the Ravenclaw table, glancing at Cho.
Cho looks at Harry and smiles and he tries to smile back but seems to forget he has orange juice in his mouth and it spills all out of his mouth.
I tut and grab a napkin and wipe it off his mouth as he dabs at his lap.

"One of these days, I'm going to need to stop babying you Harry Potter," I laugh.
"Or maybe you two should just get married and then you can look after him forever," Hermione mutters.
"Funny," I say turning to face her, "we said the same thing about you and Ron, last year."
"You what-"

"Oh my god!" I exclaim as my eye catches a nearby newspaper. I snatch it and begin to read the article aloud, "Miss Lupin, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for the champions."

The picture shows Harry and me hugging in a heart-shaped frame.

"Her latest prey, sources report, is no other than the Hufflepuff sweetheart Cedric Diggory? Who the fuck told her that rubbish!" I yelled earning a few stares from around and I look back at the paper and finish the paragraph, "'no word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow!' Unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable! Who does this woman think she is?"

"Y/n, lower your voice, people are staring," Ron points out.
A small boy walks up to him carrying a large box, "parcel for you Mr Weasley."
"Ah, thank you, Nigel," Ron says but the boy doesn't leave, he only stares at Harry.

Ron doesn't notice so Hermione clears her throat softly. He turns to look at Nigel and nudges him, "not now Nigel, later. Go on."

Nigel makes a disappointed face before scampering off.
I laugh.
"Looks like you've got a little fan club, Harry," I smile as I look over at Nigel, who looks to be explaining the story to his friends as they listen intently, each taking little glances at Harry, "I'm gonna go ask if I can join."

I stand up but Harry grabs my arm and sits me down, smirking at me, "shut up, Y/n."

"What did you do, Ron?" Hermione asks with an edge to her tone, ignoring my antics.
"I sort of promised him Harry's autograph," he mutters and I snort.

"Ha! Handing out autographs are we now Potter? Can I get one?" I laugh.
"Of course, anything for my fans," Harry jokes along, "hand me a pen and Ron, when your done unwrapping it, give me that paper."

Ron laughs as he unwraps his parcel.
"Oh look mum's sent me something!" he exclaims as he opens the box and throws off the lid, pulling out the...I wanna say dress, that's inside.

He stands up and holds it against him in shock, "mum sent me a dress!"
"Well it does match your eyes, is there a bonnet?" Harry asks, pulling a collar out of the box with his uninjured arm and placing it against Ron's chest, "aha!"

"Nose down, Harry," Ron chuckles and begins to walk over to where Ginny is sitting, "Ginny, these must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly!" Ginny exclaims.

Hermione and I can't contain our giggles.
"What're you two on about?" Ron asks.
"They're not for Ginny!" she says.
"They're for you!" I tell him and a couple of other Gryffindors laugh at Ron, "dress robes."

"Dress robes, for what?"

1122 words - 18/4/22

urghhh I rlly wanna write the next part but it's 10:14 rn and if I don't go to bed soon, I won't wake up in time for school.

fml.

BUT I'M SO EXCITED FOR WHAT'S NEXT I CANNOT BELIEVE WE'RE AT THE YULE BALL ALREADY EEK.