part two - chapter 16

It's been just under a week since the Yule Ball was announced and I hate to say it, but Harry was right. A grand total of seven people have asked me out already. 
Two boys from Durmstrang, one girl from Beauxbattons and four boys from Hogwarts.
George asked me out as well, but I'm fairly sure he was dared by Fred, so I don't count that.

"Hey, Y/n isn't it?" a voice says, as a tall and rather handsome boy, steps in front of me. I immediately recognise him as, Theodore Nott, a Slytherin boy in a few of my classes.

"Yeah, you're Theodore right?" I ask him.
"You can call me Theo, " smiles, licking his lips.
"Alright," I laugh nervously, "Was there something you wanted to talk to me about or...?"

"Oh right, yes," he laughs, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ball with me."
"What?"
"You know the Yule ball, right?" he asks sarcastically.

"You wanna go with me?" I ask, astounded, "you hardly know me!"
"Nuh-uh," he shakes his head, "we talked that one time in...second year."
"Theo..."

"Okay, okay. I've had a small crush on you for like...well, ever since then," he admits scratching the back of his neck, "and I'd really like to get to know you better and thought maybe the dance would be a good way to go."

I'm left silent. I don't know what to say.

"I'm sorry, Theo but I'm already going with someone," I lie.
"Who?"
"Oh, uh," I stammer. I didn't expect him to be so forward, "you'll see when we get there."

"Alright, well, at least promise me a dance?" he suggests.
"Definitely, and I do think we should get to know each other better as well," I smile at him and he nods.

"Sounds good, see you around Lupin," he winks before walking off.

Damn.
I did not expect that.
I've played a fair amount of kiss, marry, kill games in my life, living in a dorm with five other girls and whenever Theo's name comes up it's always immediately 'marry'. They all think he's super hot or something, and I do have to agree that he is quite good looking.

God, this is going to be a nightmare.

(harry pov)

"Why do they have to travel in packs?" I complain to Ron as we walk the school grounds, still desperately searching for a date, "and how are you supposed to get one on your own to ask them?"

We stopped in front of this large group of Ravenclaw girls, of which Cho was among. I smiled widely at them but they all gave us funny looks so we continued our walk.
"Blimey Harry you've slayed dragons. If you can't get a date who can?" Ron chuckles before adding, "besides, I thought you were going with Y/n?"

"That's only as a back up, and besides I've heard that she's been asked out loads," I say sadly, "I think I'd take the dragon right now."

Ron and I smile and watch dreamily as a group of Beauxbattons girls walk by, but they all turn their noses up at us.

This is going to be impossible.

~time skip~

(y/n pov)

Harry, Hermione, Ron and I sit on a few rocks over looking the black lake. I chat with the boys as Hermione has her nose in a book.

I watch Viktor Krum walk past, stretching his legs as he does. A large group of girls follow him, giggling and all secretly wishing that he would ask them out.
He looks over to where Hermione is sat and smiles at her, I look to see her glance up for a few seconds before scoffing at the girls behind him and turning back to her book.
I can't help but also notice the longing look on the boys faces, as if they wished to be in Viktor's spot. If only they could see how many girls actually fancied them...

~time skip~

We sit in the great hall, doing our work as Snape patrols up and down the hall, making sure no ones talking.
"This is mad. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates," Ron complains a little too loudly earning a shove in the head from Snape.

Ron writes stuff down until he sees Snape has left then he leans over to Harry and whispers, "well, us and Neville."
"Yeah but then again he can take himself," Harry says and they both laugh.

I roll my eyes at them, but still continue with my work.
"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione hisses.
"Oh, now I'm really depressed," Ron sighs in disappointment and I laugh under my breath.

Just then, Fred passes a note over to Ron. I lean over the table to read what it says.
'Get a move on or all the good ones will have gone.'

I roll my eyes and turn to look at Fred.
"'Good ones' seriously?" I scoff.
"Don't worry love, you're one of them," he winks at me.

I make a face back at him and turn back to my work while Ron continues to talk to him.
"Oi Hermione, Y/n," Ron says and I can already predict this won't be good, "you're both girls."
"Well done Sherlock Holmes you've done it again," I say sarcastically.
"Yes, very well spotted," Hermione snaps.

"Do you wanna go to the ball with us?" Ron asked making a dancing movement with his arms, while Harry hit him, trying to warn him about Snape, who was quickly approaching.
He smacked Ron round the head with a book and then Harry, which seemed unfair since he wasn't even the one talking.

"Come on, it's one thing for a bloke to show up alone," Ron continued while I secretly prayed for him to shut up, "but for a girl it's just sad."

I scoffed, "you're being pathetic."
"Thank you, Y/n and I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me," she growls and gets up out of her seat to hand Professor Snape her work, "and I said yes!"

And with that, she grabs her things and storms out.
"Bloody hell," Ron exclaims, "she's lying right?"
"If you say so," Harry replies.
"I really do think she's got a date," I point out, "she just won't tell me who."

"Look, we've both just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room we'll both have partners, agreed?" Ron suggests to Harry.
"Agreed," Harry nods his head firmly.

I watch Snape from behind as he rolls up his sleeves, and shoves their head down again, causing them to groan.

This is going to be a long week.

1068 words - 21/4/22

okay okay I know I said I'd write a super long chapter but I'm having a bit of writer's block rn as you can probably tell from this shitty paragraph. Anyways, hope u all had/have a great day and see you next time, 

daisy x