chapter seven

a/n: I would, first of all, like to begin with a small rant...*clears throat* I SPENT FIVE HOURS WORKING ON THIS CHAPTER I WROTE IT FROM ALL THE WAY AFTER SCHOOL TO  NOW WHICH IS 8:15 from 3:15 AND I LOST IT SO NOW I HAVE TO WRITE IT AGAIN SO THIS BETTER GET THE FRICKING LOVE IT DESERVES

(Harry's pov)
Today was Sunday so the third years and up were supposed to be going to Hogsmeade. It was the day everyone had been talking about for the past week or so. It'd been driving me mad knowing I couldn't go but I tried to tolerate it as much as possible. Ron didn't make it any easier.

Anyway, y/n had an idea to ask Professor McGonagall if she could sign it. It wasn't the best idea but it was all we had. We all came running out to the courtyard where everyone else already was.

"Now remember these visits to Hogsmeade village are a privilege. Should your behaviour reflect poorly on the school in any way that privilege shall not be extended again!" McGonagall instructs the crowd.

I run up to her with my permission form in hand. But before I begin to state my case, she says, "No permission form signed no visiting the village that's the rule potter!"

"But I thought if you signed it then I could go-"

"I can't only a parent or guardian can sign since I am neither it would be inappropriate," she snaps before walking away.

I groan and turn round to face everyone else leaving. When McGonagall turns around again, I feel a small flicker of hope.

"I'm sorry Potter. That's my final word," she says and pats my shoulder in sympathy. She then turns away and walks toward the group of children.

Y/n walks up to me and puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I'll stay with you, Potter. It's fine there will always be other trips." she insists.

It takes everything in me not to say yes but I know that wouldn't be fair so I force myself to say, "No it's fine. You guys go I'll catch up with you later."

Y/n gives me a small smile and a quick kiss on the cheek. I watched as she, Ron and Hermione ran off to join the crowd and I wave at them feeling a little better than I had before.

I decide to take the free time I had and fill it with a nice walk around the castle. I wander up and onto the bridge. I was looking out onto the beautiful black lake reminiscing on the first care of magical creatures lesson we had when me and y/n flew out over the lake on buckbeak.

All of a sudden a voice interrupts my thoughts, "Hello Harry!"

I turn around to see my defence against the dark arts teacher standing there smiling at me. "Hello sir," I reply as he comes to stand beside me looking out onto the lake like I'm doing. "It's beautiful isn't it?" he remarks.

"It really is...Professor, can I ask you something?" I inquire.

"You want to know why I was about to stop you from facing that boggart yes? Lupin guessed, " I would've it would be obvious I assumed it would take the shape of Lord Voldemort."

"Well I did think of Voldemort at first then I remembered that night on the train with the dementor..." I stammer.

"Well, I'm very impressed! That suggests the thing you fear the most is fear itself. This is very wise." he praises.

"Before I fainted...I heard something...a woman. Screaming" I confess.

Lupin sighs and said, "well dementors force us to relive our very worst memories. Our pain becomes their power." Confirming my theory.

"I think it was my mother...the night she was murdered." I sigh.

"You know the very first time I saw you Harry I recognised you immediately not by you're scar by your eyes, they're you're mother, Lily's."