part two- chapter 2

When we finally arrive at the Weasley's, I stumble around for a bit. Even though I've done it quite a lot this summer, I still can't get quite used to apparation. I stable myself after a couple of minutes and turn to my dad.

"Still can't get used to that can you?" he laughs and I smile at him.

"It's gonna be weird without you at school," I say.

"I know it must but you have to understand that it is for the best," he says sincerely.

I nod and give him one last hug before grabbing my bags and making my way toward the burrow. I hear the small woosh sound of my dad disapperating as I arrive outside the house and knock on the door. Mrs Weasley opens the door looking tired at first but when she sees me her face lights up and she invites me inside.

"Ooh Y/n, I missed you very much! Come in come in and put your bags down, they must be heavy," she chuckles.

"Where is everyone?" I ask, smiling.

"Well, the boys have gone to collect Harry from his home. Oh dear me I hope they're not upsetting the muggles," she shakes her head, "anyway Hermione and Ginny are both here let me show you to the room."

She takes a couple of my bags and I take the other ones and I follow her upstairs. Hermione sits on the bed reading while Ginny sits in an armchair sketching something in a notebook.

I set my bag down with a loud thud and they both look up at me. Their faces immediately light up like Mrs Weasley's and they both run to hug me. Hermione gets there first and wraps me tightly, gives me a small squeeze and let's go so Ginny can have a turn.

"Oh my god I missed you so much," Hermione says and then hits me on the arm.

"Uhm ow!" I exclaim, "what was that for?"

"You did not write to me enough," she says.

I roll my eyes but still smile at her.

"My grandparents were over so I was really busy...when'd you get here?" I ask.

"Last night," Hermione answers, "Harry isn't here yet though, but Fred, George, Ron and Mr Weasley have gone to collect him."

"I know Molly already told me," I say picking up my bags and moving them to the corner of the room.

Hermione cocks her head to the side, "I would've assumed you'd be more excited to see your boyfriend?"

I turn around and look at her.

"Well that's just the thing, I'm not even sure he's still my boyfriend," I sigh.

"What makes you say that?" Ginny asks.

I walk over and sit on the bed and Hermione and Ginny do the same.

"I don't know...he didn't really write much."

"Well to be fair neither did you..."

I give Hermione a look and she raises her hands in defence.

"I'm just pointing it out," she says before smiling.

I sigh and lean back collapsing on the pillows, my hands resting on my stomach.

"Even when he did write his letters were brief and more friendly than romantic, and I'm not saying he has to be like writing me poems of how much he misses my beautiful face or anything but..." I sit up. I walk over to my bag and take out the letters that I kept, there were only four of them.

"Look," I say handing the girls the letters.

They both read two each and switch when they've done. I tap my foot waiting until eventually, Hermione looks back up at me.