part three - chapter 11

Sirius' eyes mist over and the ghost of a smile appears on his face. His body leans back into the veil and is consumed.

Harry stares one last time at his Godfather, numb.

I reach out to him but my dad pushes past me. Harry steps forward and dad catches him. Harry cries violently before letting out a gut-wrenchingly pained scream that send shivers down my spine.
His soul is shattered.

I cry as I watch him, unable to help, frozen in place.

He struggles in my dad's grasp.
Just then, he looks up and spots something.

I turn around to see Bellatrix.

~ Harry pov ~

I've lost everything. 

She took away the tiny remain of what was left of my family.  
She stole him from me.

My grief is so suddenly replaced with anger. All I can see is red, as I push Lupin off of me. I sprint past Y/n who calls out my name but I barely hear her my rage is so loud and pounding inside my head. 

I'm going to kill her.

I run after her through the Ministry as she skips away singing, "I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black!"

Her laughter is only fuel to the fire of my despair.

"You coming to get me?" she giggles.
"CRUCIO!" I scream at her, hoping it puts her in just as much pain as she just put me through.

She falls to the ground with a shriek, panting wildly. She turns to face me heavily breathing.
I'm going to make her suffer.

I pant as I keep my wand pointed directly at her face.

"You've got to mean it, Harry," the same voice that has been torturing me all year whispers in the back of my head, "she killed him. She deserves it...you know the spell, Harry."

Voldemort. 

He appears from behind me but I don't turn.

"Do it," he orders.

I turn to face him. I raise my wand to shoot a spell but he's too quick. 
My wand falls to the floor.

"So weak," he tuts.

That's when Dumbledore enters and steps out of the fireplace.

"It was foolish of you to come here tonight, Tom," he says, "the Aurors are on their way."
"By which time I shall be gone and you shall be dead," Voldemort smiles.

They whisk their wands.

"Harry!" a voice yells and I turn to see Y/n running full speed into the room.
She sees Voldemort and Dumbledore and stops. She looks at me, her eyes wide.

"Y/n, get behind me," Dumbledore orders and she quickly follows and moves so she's next to me. I take her into my arms.
Dumbledore casts a spell, pushing Y/n and me behind a fireplace while simultaneously sending a blast of power at Voldemort. 

I pull my girlfriend close to me and protectively wrap my arm around her head as we huddle against the wall I watch the powerful scene that lies before me. Dumbledore and Voldemort, battling to the death.

Sparks of the clashing spells recoil back towards us, shattering the ministry walls. I turn my body acting as a shield to Y/n's.
I'd rather die than let her get hurt because of my own doing.

She's the only one I have left.

"It's okay," I say to her, "it's gonna be okay."
"Okay," her voice quivers, hurting my heart.