chapter thirteen

Y/n pov

I'm currently sitting with Harry and Ron around a small table in divination, fighting to stay awake.

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond" she yammers away.
I watch Ron as he slowly slips into a slumber, beginning to snore as he does and I try not to laugh.

"The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the inner eye" she goes on.
What the hell does that even mean?

"Only then can you see. Try again," she said to some nearby students.

She begins to walk toward our table and I nudge Ron awake.
"Now what do we have here?" she says as she stops in front of our table.
"Ooh! Do you mind me trying?" Hermione asks happily. Professor Trelawney gasps with joy and nods, "The grim. Possibly."

Professor Trelawney steps closer to Hermione picks up her hand and sighs, "my dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class...I sensed that you do not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of divination. No you see...there," she points to a line on Hermione's hand, "oh you may be young in years but your heart is as shrivelled as an old maid and your soul is as dry as the pages of the books that you so desperately cleave." she smiles patting Hermione's hand.

My mouth drops agape. Hermione scoffs and instantly pulls her hand out of Trewlawneys grasp. She grabs her bag stands up knocks the crystal ball off the stand and storms out.

"Have I said something?" Trelawney asks confused.

~Time skip~

Class is over so Ron, Harry and I start walking out and down the stairs.

"She's gone mental Hermione has. Not that she wasn't always mental. But now it's out in the open for everyone to see!" Ron complains.

"Well, it's Trelawneys fault for telling her she has a shrivelled heart and an old soul. If that was me I probably would've punched her," I said.

"Still!" Ron says.
Harry stops in front of the crystal ball that Hermione had knocked off earlier, that had rolled all the way down the corridor.
"Hang on," he begins picking it up, "we better take this back."

"I'm not going back there!" Ron snaps.

"Fine see you later. Coming y/n?" I nod and we say goodbye to Ron. Harry and I arrive back in the divination classroom and look around for Trelawney but she's nowhere to be seen.
Harry puts the ball back on the stand but just as we turn to leave, it starts to fog up. He peers closer into it and I notice see the face of a man. It looks quite familiar but I can't quite place him.

He begins to whisper, "Harry Potter..."
I look deeper and I finally recognise the man. Sirius Black.

All of a sudden, a hand is placed on Harry's shoulder causing us to jump. It's Professor Trelawney but she looks unlike herself. She takes a sharp breath in and in a dry croaky voice she mutters, "he will return tonight."

"Sorry?" Harry says confused.

"Tonight. He who betrayed his friends whose heart rots with murder shall break free. Innocent blood will be spilt and servant and master shall be reunited once moreeeee," she moans before snapping out of her trance and violently trying to clear her throat.

Harry looks as stunned as I feel so Professor Trelawney asks, "I'm sorry dears. Did you say something?"

I blink a couple of times and mutter, "no nothing."

I grab Harry's wrist and cautiously lead him out of the classroom. Once we're out of sight we sprint towards the doorway and down the stairs.

~time skip~