chapter four

Eventually, we all arrived at hagrid's with our books in hand. Well, I say books but they are more like vicious, deadly creatures. I made the mistake of opening mine in the holidays and let's just say I won't be doing that again any time soon.

Hagrid counts our heads then begins, "I've got a real treat for you today! A great lesson now follow me." he started walking towards the forbidden forest. Me and ron exchange a look before reluctantly following hagrid.

It's not that we don't trust Hagrid or anything it's just that the last time we went into the forest with him in our first year, I and harry almost got killed and then there was the time in our second year where harry ron and I went into the forest on hagrid's orders and almost got eaten by spiders.

Ron and I share a fear of spiders so the whole time we were in there we were grasping onto each other for dear life.

So maybe I don't trust Hagrid that much now that I think about it.

Anyway, we finally arrive in the forest and stand in a large opening. In the daylight, it looks quite beautiful actually.

"Right you lot Less chattering and form a group over there. Oh and open yer books an' turn to page 49" Hagrid instruct us.
"Exactly how do we do that?" Malfoy snaps. Normally, I would have a go at him for his rude attitude if I wasn't so intrigued to know how we open the books without being ripped apart. "Well, you'd just stroke the spine of course! Goodness me." Hagrid tutts as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. That would've saved me about 45 minutes of my time and a couple of scratches and bruises but whatever.

Unfortunately, Neville doesn't hear Hagrid and he opens his book without stroking the spine. The book immediately starts to attack him. Everyone laughs at him so I go over to help him out and attempt to tear the book off his robes. I eventually manage to get it off and Neville smiles shyly and says, "thank you y/n!"

"I think they're funny!" Hermione says when I walk back over to them.
"Oh yeah terribly funny! Really witty! God this place has gone to the dogs wait and till my father hears that dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes." Malfoy scolded. Just as I was about to open my mouth and retaliate Harry steps in front of me and struts towards Malfoy

"Shut up Malfoy!" he glowered.

I smirked from behind him proud of my upbringing and just sat back and watched the drama unfold.

Malfoy raised his eyebrows and him and his mates make a weird owl noise he drops his bag into Crabbes' arms and starts to strut towards Harry looking him up and then down trying to be intimidating. Harry shifted looking slightly uncomfortable but stood his ground.

I have never been more proud.

All of a sudden, a look of terror coated Malfoys face as he pointed behind us and shouted, "D-D-DEMENTOR DEMENTOR!"

All of the Gryffindors swiftly turned round frightened but there was nothing there. The Slytherins started laughing and pulled up their hoods. They wiggled their fingers at us and made ghost noises.I grabbed harrys shoulder and turned him around to face the front.

Hagrid clears his throat beckoning for everyone's attention and everyone turns to the front. "Ta-da! Isn't 'e beautiful!" he praised the beast. It had an eagle type head with a horses body and it also had magnificent wings which it spread out. It was coated in grey feathers. "Say hello to buckbeak!" Hagrid said as he threw the beast a dead ferret. Hagrid was right. It was beautiful.

Apparently, my classmates weren't thinking the same.
"Hagrid! Exactly what is that?" Ron trembled. He like everyone else had a look of sheer terror on their faces.
"That ron is a hippogriff!" hagrid replied proudly.
I was in complete awe of the creature subconsciously I stepped closer to it.