part two - chapter 21

a/n: I'm so so sorry for this chapter and believe me I did not want to write it but here we go I guess.

Hours pass, and with each one, I grow more and more nervous. Fleur and Krum arrived back a while ago, shaken up and both looking traumatised, but still no sight of Harry or Cedric. I sit there nervously, leg bouncing, my eyes squeezed shut and resting my elbows on the railing in front of me. I bury my face in my hands and take deep breaths.

Hermione rubs my back soothingly, and whispers in my ear, "they're okay Y/n don't stress too hard."
"If anything happens to either of them..." I whisper and shudder, "I've already lost my mum."
"I know," I turn to look at her and she gives me the same sympathetic look everyone gives me that makes me feel so small and weak, "but that doesn't mean you have to lose anyone else."
All I can do is give the 'don't worry about me' smile and nod.

Just then, the Hogwarts band erupts into song again and I whip my head around to look back at the front. Everyone is standing up, cheering so I can't see who stands there in victory. 

I push forwards through the crowds, happy the boys are safe. Suddenly, an ear-splitting scream is heard through the commotion I turn to see Fleur, in distress pointing forwards but I can't see what she's looking at. I push forward harder through the crowds, my heart hammering in my throat.

A man steps aside for me and there's finally an opening. I rush forward and stop and the edge of the crowd to find both Harry and Cedric on the floor, Harry clung to Cedric's lifeless body.
This time it's my turn to scream. I fall to my knees in tears as I watch Dumbledore try to pry a sobbing Harry away from my Cedric.

My sweet boy Cedric. Gone.

"For God's sake Dumbledore what's happened?!" Fudge yells.
Harry looks up and I see his face bloody and covered in dirt.
"He's back. He's back," he cries, "Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back, I couldn't leave him. Not there."

Dumbledore whispers something to Harry.

I run forward and collapse at Cedric's side.
"NO!" I cry loudly, "NO, CEDRIC!"

I sob violently and wrap my arms around his cold yet still body. I've lost everyone.
Cedric was one of the last people I loved and he was stolen from me.
My body shakes with sobs and I pull away from him just to look at his beautiful face one last time. 

"Let me through!" I hear Amos yell from behind me as he pushes through the crowd, "LET ME THROUGH!"

He reaches Cedric's body and screams, "THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY BOY!"
My heart hurts even more and I sit back to let Amos reach his son.
He falls to his knees at Cedric's head, "MY BOY!"

The whole world is a blur as my tears fog my vision. I'm still clinging onto Cedric, but not for long before I'm pulled off by Professor McGonagall. She has to wrap both arms around me as I struggle in her grip to get back to my boyfriend. I quickly give up and sink to the floor, her moving aside for Hermione and Ron to hold me instead. I cry even harder if physically possible, as I watch Amos let out cries of utter agony. 

~time skip~

(a/n: I really hope I wrote that right. If not, I'm sorry. If so, I'm still sorry.)

"Today, we acknowledge a really terrible loss," Dumbledore starts the memorial by saying.
It took everything in me to come to this today, but I knew I had to pay my respects for him.

With him around, the loss of my mother didn't hurt as much but now that he's gone along with her, everything hurts so much. I miss them like crazy, and I can't wait to go home to my dad.
I look over at Harry beside me, thinking of how much this poor boy has already also gone through, and now having to deal with this loss for which he blames himself... I can't even comprehend it.