part two - chapter 13

The day of the first task had finally come about and everyone was jittery with excitement. Fred and George had even opened a little betting pool.
"Bets place your bets!" one of them said.
"Bets taken! Bets taken here," said the other.
"Step up folks! Who fancies a flutter in today's bloodbath?"
"Smart money's on Krum to survive. Any bets?"

I watched from the stands as they walked around taking people's money. My nerves were high as I waited for the task to begin. I couldn't stand it.
I only briefly saw Harry this morning and I didn't even have enough time to wish him luck.

I tap my foot anxiously.
"Y/n," Hermione leans over to me and says, "he's down in that tent there."
I look at her and give her a grateful smile, "thank you so much."

I get up and walk past Hermione and then Ron who utters a small, "where are you going?"
Which I ignore.

I run down to the tent, hoping I'm not too late and decide to sneak around the back in case I get spotted. I see a Harry shaped shadow in front of me so I whisper, "Harry!"
The shadow leans toward the fabric. I push a curtain aside, so he can hear me better, "Harry is that you?"
"Yeah," comes his voice. I can hear his nerves in his tone.

I pause, not knowing what to say, "how are you feeling? Okay?"
He doesn't say anything in return so I sigh.
"Just remember to concentrate. After that, you just have to..." I trail off.
"Battle a dragon," he finishes for me.

I push aside the curtain and wrap him in a hug. He takes me in his arms and holds me close, cradling my head as he always does.
Suddenly, a bright flash comes from outside.

A voice gasps, "young love!"
I look at the woman and recognise her as Rita Skeeter from my trial years ago.

I move apart from Harry but still hold onto his arm, not ready to let go just yet.
Rita enters the tent, arms outstretched and her cameraman follows, "how...stirring."

"If everything goes...unfortunately today," Rita continues and Harry steps in front of me, "you two might even make the front page."

"You have no business here," Krum's deep voice says, "this tent is for champions and friends."
Rita turns around and gives Krum a weird look.
"No matter, we've got what we wanted," she smirks brushing him on the chin with her feather quill. The cameraman takes one last photo and follows Rita to the side.
I give Krum an appreciative nod and he smiles and does the same.

Just then Dumbledore, and many other men enter the tent.
"Good day, champions. Gather round, please. Now you've waited, you've wondered, and at last, the moment has arrived, the moment only four of you can fully appreciate," he says and looks around at each of them and pauses when he gets to me, "what are you doing here miss Lupin?"

I give a guilty look at him and say, "sorry, I'll go."
I give Harry a kiss on the cheek and place my hand on his face, I whisper, "good luck."
He holds my hand until I leave.

I walk back up to the stands and retake my place next to Hermione.
"How'd it go?" she asked.
I prop my elbows on my knees and bury my face in my hands, which muffles my words when I speak, "I'm so scared for him Hermione."

She rubs my back reassuringly, "he's been through a lot worse Y/n I'm sure he'll be-"
"Why do you care? He's the one who put himself into this situation," Ron rudely interrupts.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you, Ron! Do you think he wanted to fight this fucking dragon? Do you think he wanted any of this bullshit to happen to him?" I lash out in anger, "he misses you so goddamn much and I know you do too but you're both too stubborn to admit it and I'm so sick and tired of Hermione and I being in the middle of this because the only time I get to hang out with my best friend now is when we're in the dorm. It's so unfair we have to separate because you can't get over your little grudge."

Ron looks at me in silence and only blinks in response. 
"What if something bad happens to him, god forbid," I say tearing up, "and you'll never get to see him again. Would you really rather end on a petty fight?"

Ron looks at me and I can see his face falter, but he only says, "he really didn't enter?"
I want to scream at him but instead, I stay calm and sigh, "no."

Ron turns his vision to the floor, his brow furrowed in thought. Just then, a canon explodes and the first dragon is released. Shortly after, Cedric steps out and the whole crowd cheers loudly chanting his name.

~time skip~

After the three competitors had fought their dragons and retrieved their eggs, it was finally time for Harry to go.
"Three of our champions have each faced their dragons," Dumbleodres voice booms out, "and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant."

I watch as Harry slowly exits the tent into the rocky terrain.
"HARRY! HARRY! HARRY!" the crowd cheers.

Harry stands there for a minute looking around until he spots the golden egg, in the centre of the arena.
Everyone watches intently as we wait for his first move. He pauses for a second before making his way over to the egg. All of a sudden, a huge tail thrashes down behind him.
The crowd gasps in shock.

The dragon breathes out fire, which Harry only dodged at the last second. He runs out of the way, scrambling to get up onto a rock. The dragon takes flight and smashes his tail down beside Harry once again. I gasp and cover my mouth in utter fear.

Harry slips down the rock and out of view, but not before he's picked up again by the dragon and thrown across the arena. He gets up off the ground hurrying away from the gust of fire the dragon shoots again.
"YOUR WAND HARRY!" I scream at him, "YOUR WAND!"

He looks up at me and we meet eyes before he yells, "Accio Firebolt!"
Nothing happens, so he's forced to run again as the dragon picks itself off the ground. He ducks behind a rock, waiting out the fire and I spot his broom flying toward him. He waits until the right minute then runs out and leaps ontop of it.

 The crowd goes wild, Hermione, Ron and I cheering as loudly as we possibly can.
Harry flies near the egg, arm outstreched but misses the egg by a few inches. The dragon flies upwards, breaking his chain off. 
"Oh my god," Ron gasps.

Harry flies up and out of the stadium, the drgaon following close behind, destroying everything in its path.
Fred and George cheer as the dragon rips the teachers booth, "yes! Well done dragon!"

I look around trying to locate Harry but he and the dragon are gone.

~time skip~

It's been at least ten minutes and I'm freaking out. I have no clue where Harry is and I have no clue if he's okay or not.
All of a sudden, we spot a small flying figure coming over the hill.

"YES! YES!" Hermione screeches and I sigh in relief.

Harry flies forward and with an outstreched arm, scoops up the golden egg.

1218 words - 18/4/22

damn I'm almost halfway! I'm so excited for the next bit though, you don't even understand.
I'll write it more as soon as I can lol.

daisy x