part three - chapter 6

"Right. First, we need to find a place to practice where Umbridge won't find out," Harry says as he leads us back across the bridge.
"The shrieking shack?" Ginny suggests.
"No, it's too small," Harry says.
"Forbidden forest?" says Hermione.

"Not bloody likely," Ron huffs at her.
"Harry," Ginny cuts in, "what happens if Umbridge does find out?"
"Who cares!" Hermione exclaims excitedly," I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it? Breaking the rules?"

I laugh out loud, "I like this new Hermione."

Hermione smiles at me and looks straightforward, "anyway, at least we know one positive thing that came from today."
"What's that?" Harry asks walking at a quicker pace to catch up with her.
"Cho couldn't keep her eyes off you, could she?" she laughs.

My heart sinks slightly and I don't know why. Somehow, the idea of Cho and Harry brings a knot to my stomach. Wait, I don't...no...I couldn't...

Could I?

"Right, over the next few days, we should each come up with a couple of possibilities of places we can practice," Harry states, "we've got to make sure, wherever it is there's no chance she can find us."

"Will do, Harry."

~time skip~

A few days pass and things are not looking good for us. One day, Hermione, Harry, Ron and I decide to go for a walk around the castle in one last attempt at finding a spot for us to host the club when Neville comes running up to us.
"Guys! Come look what I've found!" he exclaims and dashes off and we follow him.

He leads us to these fancy doors and when he pushes them open we can't help but gasp of both happiness and relief.
"You've done it, Neville. You found the room of requirement," Hermione exclaims.
"The what?" he asks.

"It's also known as the come and go room," Hermione clarifies even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't help anyone understand better, "the room of requirement only appears when a person has real need of it and it's always equipped for the seeker's needs."

"So, say you really needed the toilet..."
"Charming, Ronald. But yes that is the general idea."

"It's brilliant," Harry says, "It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back."

~~

Over the course of two days, we managed to gather everyone off the list and informed them about meetup times and places. And now finally it was time for our first practice. We line up behind Neville and Harry and wait in anticipation for the first spell to be cast.

Harry gives Neville a small nod and we watch  Neville flick his wand and call out expelliarmus. Although, instead of the spell being cast Neville's wand is flicked backwards, hurtling at our heads causing all of us to duck out of the way until it hits the back mirrored wall.
"I'm hopeless," Neville sighs.

"You're just flourishing your wand too much," Harry explains holding out his own wand, "try it like this. Expelliarmus."
Harry sends the dummy wand flying out of it's hand and onto the floor.

~~

We meet in the room of requirement almost every night. Sneaking in without getting caught though seems to be the most difficult thing about it but since the room of requirement moves about to our free will its almost impossible to get caught.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal," Harry says to us one lesson, "it's sort of a wizard's bread and butter really so um, come on then Nigel. Give it your best shot."

Harry stands at the opposite end of the room from a very nervous-looking Nigel.
"Stupify!" Nigel yells sending both himself and Harry hurtling backwards.