chapter seventeen

(A/n: You're welcome for this chapter 😩✋)

harry pov

Eventually, we finish the end of term feast. It was as always enormous, delicious and very filling.

We decide to head back to the common room so Hermione can help y/n with her packing since she hasn't been able to do any the past couple of days.

However, I need to talk to y/n.

I need to tell her about my feelings.

With everything that's happened what have I got to lose?

We have just walked out of the hall when I gather up the courage and announce, "uhh y/n can I talk to you a second? Alone?"

Ron eyes me suspiciously but y/n nods and takes my upper arm pulling me away from the others.

"What's up?" she asked.

Oh god. I can't do this.

"Oh...uhh..." I stutter awkwardly.

She smiles softly which calms me slightly.

"I wanted to uh...ask you something." I say. She smiles and nods.

"Ok...would you...like to..." I stutter out and I swear I see her eyes widen slightly.

I don't know what that means.

"Tell me about that Margot person!" I blurt out before I can think.

Shit.

I am an idiot.

She looks slightly taken aback but nods slowly.

"Right well Margot was my stepdad's daughter. She was my best friend when we were little but she...died in an accident. My stepfather thought it was all my fault and that's why he abused me." she explained gloomily.

I immediately felt bad that I had brought it up.

"Oh...I'm so sorry!" I reply.

She smiles sadly so I wrap my arms around her and hold her close for a few seconds.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" she asks.

I pull away and itch the back of my neck.

"Well...ummm..."

She chuckles softly.

What she does next surprises me.

She leans in and kisses me.

Her lips pressed up against mine once again is the best feeling in the world. I place one hand on her waist and the other I slip in her hair, cradling her head.

We eventually pull away and look at each other.

I smile at her and she smiles back. I gently put my forehead against hers closing my eyes and she does the same.

"Come on, we better get going! I have a lot of packing I need to do and Hermione won't be happy if I'm late," she laughs.

I beam like an idiot and nod my head.

We both walk off towards the stairs. Her hand brushes against mine so I take it and intertwine our fingers.

We're walking hand in hand until we get to the common room entrance

"Passw-," the fat lady begins slumped back against the wall until she spots us holding hands and her eyes light up, "Ooh! Are you two finally together?" she asks.

I look at y/n as if for confirmation and she smiles and nods her head.

The fat lady squeals in delight.