part two - chapter 5

(y/n pov)

A couple of hours went by until finally, it was time for the match. We all went to the gift shop, bought ourselves some merchandise, and got all dressed up in a mixture of items from each team.

I decided to support Ireland because my mum took me and Margo there once when we were little and we had the time of our lives. I still have a little shamrock keyring I bought out of my pocket money at this gift shop she took us to.

As we were walking around, we could see people dressed in all different types of beautiful clothes from their culture. We climbed higher and higher up the stadium stairs and Arthur looked so happy looking around and taking in the view of the thing. I felt a bit uneasy when Arthur revealed that we were sitting right at the top of the stadium. I've never really been a fan of heights but I pushed through it because I didn't want another reason for Fred and George to tease me.

"Blimey dad, how far up are we?" Ron asked out of breath slightly from walking up the steps in a rush after his father.

"Well put it this way," a snotty voice came from below, I peered over the railing to see Lucius and Draco smirking up at us, "if it rains, you'll be the first to know."

Draco leaned against the railing, a smug look plastered across his face, "father and I are in the minister's box, by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself!"

He looked me straight in the eye, smirked and looked me up and down in a way that felt like he was paying a compliment but made me suddenly feel very self-conscious.

"Don't boast Draco," Lucius prodded his son with his cane making Draco break his eye line from me back to his dad, "there's no need with these people."

I looked over at Harry and saw him roll his eyes. He grabbed my arm, turning me away from the Malfoys but not before Lucius hooked his cane onto Harry's jacket.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?" Lucius sneered, "while you can."

He took back his cane, turned on his heel and beckoned Draco to which he quickly walked after him but not before giving me a quick but very obvious wink. I could see Harry's jaw tense so I took him by the hand and lead him away from them and back up the stairs.

Once we finally arrived at the top row, I was no longer holding Harry's hand, instead I was clutching onto his arm. I was shaking hard from both the cold and the fear and suddenly I didn't care if Fred and George made fun of me or not, I just cared about not falling to my death.

"Are you okay? Do you want to go back down," Harry whispered softly in my ear and I felt the hot tingle of his breath brush against my neck.

I didn't want to speak so I shook my head.

"Come on up. Take your seats. I told you these seats would be worth waiting for!" Arthur smiled proudly.

We all crowded around our seats, but nobody sat down, we all stood leaning against the cool metal bannister.

"Hey, Y/n," a voice came from beside me and I turned to see Cedric with a slightly worried look on his face, "are you alright?"

I detached from Harry and leaned against the railing for support.

"Yeah, I just really don't like heights," I say trying hard for my voice not to tremble but failing miserably.

Cedric gave me a reassuring smile, "I promise to catch you before you fall. Well, if you fall. Which you won't."

"I appreciate the effort," I laugh at him.

"Oh, you're shivering," he says, slipping off his jacket and draping it around my shoulders, "here."

"Thank you," I say gratefully and wrap it tightly around me. All of a sudden a blur of green soars over our heads.

"LOOK IT'S THE IRISH!"Fred yells with joy, "THERE'S TROY!"

"AND MULLET!"

"AND MORAN!"

The Irish players soar up to the top, green and white coloured smoke coming out of their brooms. They stop at the top and fireworks are set off in the shape of a Leprechracorn which dances an Irish jig as music fills the stadium. The crowd goes wild, cheering loudly.

"IRELAND! IRELAND! IRELAND!" they chant as the players are flying around the stadium waving to everyone.

"Here come the Bulgarians!" George yells.

"Yes!"

The Bulgarians flew in right through the fireworks, the Irish had left, disintegrating them and leaving red fireworks instead. They flew around the stadium as the Irish had done, but instead, one player flew ahead, doing tricks on his broom.

"Who's that?" I ask Harry pointing towards the man.

But before he can answer me, George interrupts and says, "that y/n/n is the best seeker in the world."

He flies Through the stadium, and a huge live-action picture of him is displayed in the crowd whilst everyone is chanting, "KRUM! KRUM! KRUM!"

The guy only looks about Cedric's age. I look around in the crowds and find teenage girls swooning over him. I suppose he's attractive but he's not really my type. I prefer 'soft-looking' men over rugged men any day.

I look over at Ron and watch as he squeals with joy at the sight of Krum and looks like he's about to faint.

"GOOD EVENING!" Cornelius Fudge's voice booms over the cheering crowd, "As minister for magic, it gives me great pleasure, to welcome each and every one of you, to the final of the 422nd Quidditch World Cup! Let the match...begin!"

~time skip~

The match was brilliant. In the end, Ireland had won by goals scored even though Krum had caught the snitch first, which Fred and George had surprisingly predicted.

We all made our way back to the tent, had some food, talked for a bit and joked around. Our spirits were high and we were all acting like drunkards, dancing around, singing and laughing.

"There's no one like Krum," Ron announced to the whole tent.

"Krum?" Fred said in a caveman-like voice, "dumb Krum."

"He's like a bird, the way he rides the wind," Ron continued making Fred and George flap around him like birds, Irish flags draped across their shoulders and repeating 'Krum' over and over.

"He's more than an athlete," Ron proclaims as George drapes the flag over his head and he struggles to push it off so he can finish his love declaration, "he's an artist!"

"I think you're in love Ron," Ginny jokes patting her brother's arm.

"Shut up," he scoffs but I swear on my life his eyes flit to me for a split second.

"VIKTOR I LOVE YOU," George sings loudly, "VIKTOR I DOOOO."

"When we're apart my heart beats only for you," the rest of us join in.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on," Fred laughs as he tries to peek out the tent to the loud yells outside. Ron and George are play-fighting and the rest of us sit back and watch until Mr Weasley runs back into the tent.

"Stop! Stop it!" he says, breaking up the pair. He walks over to Fred frantically, "it's not the Irish. We've gotta get out of here. Now!"

1190 words - 8/4/22

not much to say rn other than dumbledore's secret came out in the cinema today and I might be watching it soon with my mum!