chapter five

Trigger warning: anxiety
Mention of abuse
Small mention of blood
(Y/n pov)

"Madame Pomfrey said I was lucky to be alive!" Draco rambled on lying about his arm. Pansy and other a few other Slytherin girls were all over Draco listening intently with big sympathetic looks plastered on their faces. I rolled my eyes at them. They only cared about him because he's hot.

"He's really laying it on thick isn't he?" ron said through gritted teeth.
"He's so pathetic! It's not like he's seriously injured. I've seen him use his arm !" I growled.

"Yes, but I heard Draco's father is furious we haven't seen the end of this." Hermione sighed.
"That's exactly what Terrence said," I replied.
"Terrence?" Harry snapped, "since when did you talk-"

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" Seamus shouted, fortunately, cutting harry off.

"Who?" squeaked Ron.
"Sirius black you ding dong!" Seamus snapped.

"We all peered at the newspaper.
"Duff town? That's not far from here!" Hermione said worriedly.
"He won't come to Hogwarts, will he? Not with dementors at every entrance" Neville stuttered

"Dementors. He's already slipped passed them once! Who's to say he won't do it again!" Seamus blurted.
"That's right! Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands!" Bem replied.

I looked up at harry. He looked so anxious. His eyes were wide and I could see him sweating.
"Wow, guys that's reassuring! Thanks so much!" I smiled sarcastically.

Everyone laughed slightly glad I broke the tension. I looked at Harry and he mouthed 'thank you' to me.

We all walked down to our DADA classroom. I was so excited and, considering our track record of DADA teachers, a bit nervous to have our first lesson of the year.

As we entered the classroom I noticed that all the desks and chairs had been pushed to the sides creating a large amount of floor space and on the other end of the room stood a large wardrobe. It was rattling about like crazy.

When everyone had entered, professor lupin told us all to stand in the middle of the classroom.

"Now" lupin began, "can anyone tell me what's inside there?"
I looked around for Hermione but I couldn't see her. I swear she was just with us. A moment of silence passed over the class until Dean finally spoke up and said, "That's a boggart that is!"

A boggart? What the hell is that? I looked at Harry who had the same look of confusion plastered on his face. He looked at me and shrugged.

"Excellent!" lupin praised. "Now can anyone tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." came a familiar voice. I whipped my head around to see Hermione standing there. How did she get there? Ron was thinking the same because he whispered, "when did she get here?" Harry elbowed him and he shook his head and turned back to the front. "A boggart takes the form of each person's biggest fear that's what makes them so..."

"So terrifying.Very good!" Lupin finished for her, "now there is a spell that will help to repel the boggart and let's practise it now"
Some people began to take their wands out of their pockets so lupin quickly interjected, "uh without wands, please! Now say it with me...ridikulous"

"Ridikulous" the class chorused.

"very good! a little louder after me! ridikulous!" said lupin

"ridikulous!" we chorused again slightly louder this time.

"This class is ridiculous" Draco mumbled loud enough for the people around him to hear. I rolled my eyes at him whilst his goons snickered quietly at his 'joke'.