part two - chapter 12

The next day Harry and I were walking along the corridor trying to figure out what to do about the first task. I noticed many of the students were sporting the same badge, but I didn't manage to get close enough to see what it read. But when Harry and I turned to walk out of the corridor we were blocked by two Hufflepuffs, who shoved their badges in our faces.

They read 'Potter stinks', before switching to 'Cedric rules'.
How pathetic.

"Like the badge, Potter?" the boy asked as the blonde girl standing next to him laughed.
"Excuse me," Harry said trying to get through but they didn't move.

Harry grabbed my hand and shoved past the boy, and then we walk right up to Cedric, who was lying down on a bench surrounded by many girls and boys swooning over him. I roll my eyes.
As soon as he sees us, he immediately sits up.

"Aye, read the badge Potter!" one of his friends exclaims. Cedric laughs a little and licks his lips.
"Can I have a word?" Harry asks.
"Alright," Cedric agrees.

"You stink Potter!" one of Cedric's friends yelled.
"Oh go fuck yourself," I snap, sick and tired of the way Harry is being treated, if he doesn't want to stand up for himself then I will, "surely you have better things to do than to bully someone three years younger than you."

Cedric laughs and so do his friends except for the one boy I snapped at who glares at me.
"Oh, you think that's funny do you, Cedric?" he says, "well how about I tell Lupin how you really feel-"

"That's enough Micheal," Cedric snaps and grabs Harry, who's still holding onto me, and walks us off to the side.

"Dragons," Harry says, and Cedric looks at him confused, "that's the first task."
"They've got one for each of you," I say.

A boy calls out to Cedric, "come on, Ced!"
Cedric looks at us and stutters, "are you serious?"
Harry nods, "Fleur and Krum already know."

Harry is about to walk off when Cedric stops him, "hey listen about the badges, I've asked them not to wear them but-"
"Don't worry about it," Harry says and Cedric nods.

"See you later Potter," he says and then nods at me, "Lupin."

I smile at him as Harry and I walk off.
"I didn't know you were gonna tell him," I mutter to Harry.
"Yeah well, the others already know, so I didn't think it would be fair if he was the only one who didn't," Harry shrugs.
"I'm glad you did that," I say, "that was really sweet of him considering... well you know."

"Considering all of his friends have it out for me?" he sighs.
Suddenly, Harry spots Ron and Seamus walking down the corridor. He quickens his pace as he walks up to them.
"You're a right foul git, you know that?" he says to Ron.

"You think so?" Ron retorts.
"I know so."

Ron looks at me, "control your boyfriend."
"Oh shut up, you petty asshole. He's not my boyfriend and you're being fucking ridiculous over this stupid tournament. You'd rather your best friend be killed than talk to him again, grow the fuck up," I snap at him.

"Anything else?" Ron asks sarcastically but I can see the hurt in his eyes.
"Yeah, stay the fuck away from us," I say, grabbing Harry's wrist and leading him away.

We don't get very far until we're interrupted by Malfoy, "why so tense Potter?"
I look at him, sat up in a tree like he's the king of the school or some shit.

"My father and I have a bet you see." he continues even though we ignored him, "I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament. He disagrees, he thinks you won't last five."

Malfoy drops down from the tree and begins to strut towards us. Something in Harry snaps because he storms up to Malfoy.
"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy," he yells, shoving Malfoy backwards, "he's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic."

Harry turns around and walks back to me, but Malfoy isn't done yet. He has an angry look on his face and scrambles in his pockets for his wand and pulls it out. Luckily, Professor Moody steps in before he can do anything.
"Oh no, you don't sonny!" he says and waves his wand at Draco, transfiguring him into a ferret, "I'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!"

He storms over to ferret Malfoy and Harry and I watch in awe as he waves his wand sending him up and down as he mutters, "you stinking, cowardly, scummy-"

Just then, McGonagall runs towards us followed by some students.
"Professor Moody," she calls, "what are you doing?"
"Teaching," Moody states simply, not averting his gaze.

"Is- is that a student?" McGonagal asks, alarmed.
"Technically, it's a ferret," Moody replies opening Crabbe's trousers and stuffing Malfoy into them.

Everyone laughs as Crabbe struggles to get Malfoy out. Goyle walks over and fishes his hand into Crabbe's trousers.
(a/n: I'm sorry for that sentence.)
But he quickly retracts it after getting bitten by Malfoy.

Harry laughs beside me and I can't help but feel happy that he finally feels happy.
Moody turns around and winks at us and I smile at him gratefully.
Malfoy eventually crawls out of Crabbe's trouser leg and Professor McGonagall waves her wand and turns him back into human Malfoy again.

His hair is all messy and he turns around in panic, backing away from Moody, saying his signature line, "my father will hear about this!"
"Is that a threat?" Moody snapped, chasing after Malfoy, who was now running away with his friends, "is that a threat? I could tell you stories about your father that would curl even your greasy hair, boy! It doesn't end here."

"Alastor!" McGonagall says sternly, "we never use transfiguration as a punishment. Surely Dumbledore told you that."

She pokes her wand in his face and he looks down at it and mumbles, "he might've mentioned it."
"Well, you will do well to remember it," she huffs and walks off.

Moody only makes a face at her, sticking out his tongue. He hobbles away and grabs his stick.
"You Potter, come with me," he demands before adding, "leave the girl."

I sigh, "see you later?"
"Of course," he smiles and strokes my arm before walking to catch up to Moody.

1028 words - 18/4/22

I don't wanna go back to school tmrw omgggggg