chapter eight

(Harry pov)

Everyone was sitting in the defence against the dark arts classroom waiting for lupin. We were all excited to see what our next lesson was going to be.

Next to me sat y/n who was laughing with Ron about something. I really don't know why but I couldn't help but feel a flicker of jealousy. They had become a lot closer recently. I don't know what happened but I know that a couple of nights ago they went to meet each other at the astronomy tower. They never said anything but I was able to figure it out when Ron snuck out in the middle of the night to go meet a 'friend' there, he wouldn't say who but y/n asked him something earlier that same day and I was able to put two and two together.

People often tell me I tend to overthink things but I can't think of a time when my 'overthinking' wasn't right.

Suddenly the doors flew open, tearing me out of my thoughts. In strutted Professor Snape shutting all the blinds with a flick of his wand. He eventually reached the front of the classroom pulled down the projector screen and in his monotone voice said, "turn to page 394."

My classmates hurriedly opened their books trying to find the page. No one seemed to want to question as to why he was here instead of Lupin. So I did.

He began walking down the centre of the classroom so I leaned toward him before he passed by me.

"Excuse me sir...where's Professor Lupin?" I asked. He turned to face me. His intimidating glare sent chills down my spine.

"That's not really your concern is it, Potter? Suffice to say your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time...turn to page 394!" he said as he rolls his eyes and flicked his wand at Ron who was taking ages to find his page.

"Werewolves?" y/n questioned.

"But sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start werewolves for weeks!" Hermione acknowledged. I hadn't even realised she had been sitting beside me.

"Quiet!" snape groaned.

"When did she come in?" Ron asked y/n then turned to me, "did you see her come in?" I merely shrugged. Snape began pacing back to the front of the classroom with his slideshow now set up.

"Now which one of you can tell me the difference between a werewolf and an animagus!" Snape asked and Hermione's hand instantly shot up as did y/n's he glanced at them both but pretended he didn't see them.

"No one? How disappointing." Snape sneered.

"Please, sir!" Hermione began, "An animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal, a werewolf has no choice. With each full moon when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if they crossed paths. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Malfoy makes a howling sound which makes me roll my eyes. He seriously needs to grow up.

"Thank you, Mr Malfoy," Snape says sarcastically, "That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" he snaps.

Hermione looked down at the table in what I assumed was embarrassment.
"You asked us a question and she knew the answer! Why ask if you don't want to be told?" y/n stood up for Hermione. The whole class instantly knew she went too far but I was proud of her for standing up for Hermione.

Snape snarled at her, "Five points from Gryffindor."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Malfoy scribbling something down on a piece of paper that didn't look like schoolwork. He folded it in a paper bird shape and sent it flying over to my desk.

"As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk by Monday morning two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with particular emphasis on recognising it," he ordered as the class groaned in annoyance.

"Sir it's Quidditch tomorrow!" I spoke up but I immediately regretted it because Snape walked over slamming his hands on my desk.

"Then I suggest that you take extra care, Mr Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." he spat all over me and I resisted as much as I could to not wipe the spit off my face.

He moved away from my desk still talking as he did.

"The term 'werewolf' is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'were' which means 'man' and 'wolf'. Werewolf, man-wolf..." Snape said.

I took the opportunity to open the letter Malfoy had given me. I looked over to see him already sneering at me he raised his eyebrows threateningly as I turned back to the note.

Y/n peered over my shoulder to see too. On it was a moving drawing of a boy who I assumed to be me getting hit by a quaffle then struck by lighting. Y/n scoffed checked Snape wasn't looking and gave Malfoy the middle finger.

She's amazing.

(928 words~ 13th of February 2021)

Sorry for the really short chapter! But if I added in the second bit it would be like 3000+ words so I will just do it in another chapter. I will try and make it as fluffy and good as possible. And I will try and write it as quick as possible!
Also, I published the first chapter of another book so check that out if u want 😀

Happy Valentines for tomorrow! Who's your valentine mine is my cats 😙✌️