chapter nine

(Y/n POV)

Today was the first Quidditch match of the year and as always Harry was a nervous wreck. We tried everything to calm him down but it just wasn't working and to make matters worse, on Saturday morning we awoke to rain and thunder pouring down on the school.

"We'll still be able to play, won't we?" asked Oliver as he paced around in circles in the Gryffindor common room.

"Oliver. Relax they wouldn't cancel the match even if someone had died," I laughed and he shot me a piercing look that shut me up. After breakfast, we all made our way down to the pitch. Luckily, Hermione knew a spell to keep us dry on the short walk down.

The match was going to start soon and Ron, Hermione and I needed to go to the stands. Harry looked even more nervous than before so I pulled him into a hug and whispered, "Good luck! Not that you'll need it youngest seeker of the century."

I pulled away and saw him smiling now looking more relaxed. I stood on my tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before walking away with the others. I quickly turned around to see him blushing, a small smile spread out across his face.

~time skip~

So far Gryffindor was leading Hufflepuff 50-10. The rain and thunder were now so loud and hard that you could barely hear the crowd's cheers.

One of the Gryffindor chasers' brooms was shot by lightning causing it to catch fire sending her tumbling down. Harry narrowly avoided her.

He was flying around the pitch looking for the snitch but had so far been unsuccessful due to the weather.

All of a sudden, Harry and the Hufflepuff Seeker, Cedric Diggory, shot upwards flying higher and higher towards what I assumed was the snitch.

Eventually, they were up so high that no one could see them anymore. A few minutes later, a yellow ball of robes came tumbling down from the sky. Cedric.

I hope Harry's okay. He's been up there for ages and it's a pretty big fall.

I could barely make out some large black cloaks making their way towards the sky.

Oh no. Dementors.

I could've started crying on the spot but Ron grabbed my hand to try and calm me down. I probably looked as nervous as I felt.

Just as I had dreaded a red figure came falling from the sky.

"HARRY!" I screamed but no one heard me over the loud noise of the rain and thunder.

I looked over at the teacher's booth praying that they were going to do something. Luckily, Dumbledore had already stood up with his hand out he said something that I couldn't hear but it slowed Harry down stopping him about a couple of inches from the ground and softly lowered him down.

Instantly, I ran out of the stands, pushing past the crowds and not stopping till I arrived at the pitch and fell to my knees by his side. I put my hands on his face. It was as cold as ice. I tried shaking him awake but it was no use so I pulled him onto my lap and held him tight against me.

Madame Pomfrey and some other teachers came and eventually pried me off him. I was crying so hard at this point but I didn't even realise it. The teachers rushed him inside to take him away to the hospital wing. Ron soon came to my side put his arm around me and helped me stand up.

He tried to guide me inside. I was shaking and crying in his arms and my breathing was uncontrollable. My legs were weak so I leaned against him for support.

Suddenly I heard cheering from the Hufflepuff's stand. Cedric Diggory had caught the snitch.

Ron continued to pull me inside and sat me down on a bench. He sat beside me stroking my hair as I cried more and more. Panic was taking over me once again.

"It's ok. You're ok. Harry's going to be fine. You'll see. It's alright y/n," he whispered into my ear trying his best to calm me down.

~time skip~

(harry pov)

I don't know what happened to me after I fell off my broom. I could feel myself falling down and eventually passing out. But I don't remember ever hitting the ground.

I opened my eyes to the mumbling of the people around me. I could see Hermione, George, Fred, Neville, Seamus and the rest of the Gryffindor team surrounding me.

But no Oliver, y/n or Ron.

"How are you?" Hermione asked.

"Oh brilliant!" I said sarcastically, "where's y/n, Ron and Oliver?"

"Well, Oliver is in the showers," George said.

"He's been in there for about 40 minutes we reckon he's trying to drown himself." Fred finished.

"And y/n and Ron?" I asked.

"Well, y/n...she kind of got upset at the sight of you and Ron's trying to calm her down," Hermione answered.

Ron again.

"Oh...what happened?" I enquired.

"Well, you fell off your broom!" Seamus explained.

"Oh really? I meant the match who won?" I kind of snapped even though I already knew the answer.

"Um...no one blames you, Harry. The dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you he sent them straight off." Hermione said softly.

All of a sudden Ron and y/n burst through the door. Ron was carrying something wrapped in a blanket.

When y/n caught sight of me, she rushed towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck holding me closely.

"Are you ok?" she asked as she pulled away.

"I am if you are," I replied making her smile. We looked at each other for a while until we were interrupted.

"Right not to interrupt you two lovebirds but Harry there's something else you should know." George cut in making y/n blush.

Ron cleared his throat and stepped forward with the blanket, "When you fell, your broom sort of...blew into the whomping willow and well..." he opened the blanket and held up a stick with the words 'nimbus 2000' etched on the end in gold.

I sighed. Could this day get any worse? Apparently, it could because y/n stood up and said, "uh I think I'm going to check if Cedric's alright."

"Cedric? The Hufflepuff seeker? Have you ever even met him before?" I asked her with an edge to my tone.
"No, but I've heard he's a pretty nice guy and apparently he fainted after the match so I just want to see if he's ok. Ok?" she snapped and walked over to him. I sighed as Madame Pomfrey came over to shoo everyone away to let me rest.

About half an hour later, y/n came back over to me, smiling.
"He is nice Harry. He asked if there was a way that you could have a rematch because he said it seemed unfair but you're not allowed. It's still sweet of him though! I bet you would like him." she beamed.

"I bet I would..." I muttered.

(1245 words- 16/2/21)

Sorry for the bad chapter I promise that you will LOVE what I have next. Also, I will probably go back and edit my earlier chapters because I have been reading them and they are crap so yeah! Sorry I didn't post earlier I had my phone and laptop taken off me for a day so I couldn't write but I have it back now so it's all good.

And tysm for over 600 reads this is crazy I love you guys so much!! ❤️