chapter fourteen

y/n pov

We sprinted up the stone steps and eventually found ourselves in an old rundown building.

"We're in the shrieking shack aren't we?" I groaned and held onto Harry's hand tighter.

"I think so," he replied sighing. In the distance, we can still hear Ron's screaming.

"Let's go," Hermione whispered and we walked slowly and cautiously up the creaky stairs. We reached the top and there was a door.

Ron's screams were coming from inside the room.

"Ron!" I yelled and burst into the room. Ron was sitting in the corner blood all trailed up to him. I flung my arms around him and asked, "are you ok?"

Harry ignored my question to Ron and asked, "the dog where is it?"

"Harry! It's a trap he's the dog he's an animagus!" he whimpered pointing to the other end of the room. I didn't need to turn around to know who he was talking about but I still did and sure enough, a filthy crazy looking man was standing there.

Sirius Black.

I stepped in front of Harry pulling him behind me.

"IF YOU WANT TO KILL HARRY YOU WILL HAVE TO KILL US TOO!" I screamed at him. But he only edged closer to me.

"No! Only one will die tonight," he growled.

"THEN IT WILL BE YOU!" Harry yelled pushing me out the way.

I walked over and crouched beside Ron. Harry tackled the man to the floor and pointed his wand at Sirius' throat.

Sirius only laughed, "Are you going to kill me, Harry?"

Suddenly, the door burst open again and to my relief, Professor Lupin walked in. His wand pointed at Harry and Sirius he yelled, "expelliarmus" disarming Harry and motioning for him to get off. Harry scrambled to his feet and quickly walked back to us. Hermione grabbed his arm and pulled him closer to us.

Lupin still had his wand pointed at Sirius.

"Finally the flesh reflects the madness within," Lupin said to him.

Sirius, who was still on the floor laughed and replied, "well you would know all about the madness within wouldn't you Remus!"

Remus narrowed his eyes slightly and a small smirk crept on his face. He lowered his wand and put his hand out pulling Sirius to his feet. The men shared a brief hug.

"I found him."

"I know"

"He's here!"

"I understand"

"Let's kill him!"

I was outraged. How could my favourite teacher be working with this man?

"NO! I trusted you and all this time you've been his friend!" I cried.

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes." Hermione backed me up.

"How long have you known?" he asked pacing towards us.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay," she murmured.

"Well, well, well Hermione you really are one of the brightest witches of your age I've ever met" he smiled slightly.

"ENOUGH TALK REMUS. LET'S KILL HIM ." Sirius barked beginning to grow impatient.

"WAIT!" Lupin snarled.

"I DID MY WAITING TWELVE YEARS OF IT. IN AZKABAN!" Sirius shouted. Lupin sighed and passed him the wand.

"Very well kill him," he said, "But wait one more minute Harry has the right to know why."