chapter twelve

y/n pov

The next day we decide to take a walk down to Hagrid's to see how buckbeak's hearing went.

"Beautiful day," Hermione announces.

"Gorgeous! Unless of course you're being ripped to pieces." Ron snaps. He looks a lot angrier than usual.

"Ripped to pieces?" Harry asks.

"What are you talking about?" I laugh.

Hermione rolls her eyes and walks ahead of the group, "Ronald has lost his rat." she says.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" he retaliates.

"Rubbish." she scoffs.

"Y/n, Harry you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast is always lurking about and Scabbers is gone." he pouts.

Even though I hate that damn rat I know how much Ron loves or should I say loved him. He seems really upset so I swing my arm around him and say softly, "I'm sure Crookshanks never killed him. I bet he's alive but just hiding from the cat because he might've gotten fed up."

Ron looked at me smiled slightly and muttered, "I guess that could be one possibility." I sigh and smile.

"But I still think that the cat killing him is another possibility you have to agree with me on that," he adds.

I roll my eyes at his childlike behaviour and say, "Whatever...Look there's Hagrid by the lake!"

We walk down to see him skipping rocks in the water. I slump down on a rock behind him and Ron and Harry sit either side of me.

"How'd it go Hagrid? The hearing." Hermione asks him.

"Well first off the committee members took turns talking about why we were there," he begins, " then I got up did my piece and I said how Buckbeack was a good hippogriff! Always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up...and well you can imagine he said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature who would kill you as soon as look at you." He tuts and skips another rock more aggressively. I get a little scared so I edge a bit further back on the rock as to not accidentally get hit if one of Hagrids rocks backfire.

"And then?" I ask cautiously.

"And then he asked for the worst did old Lucius..." hagrid sighs.

"They're not sacking you!" Ron groans.

"No, I'm not sacked...BUCKBEAKS BEEN SENTENCED TO DEATH!" he sobs loudly and throws a rock in the water in frustration.

I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Why would anyone ever want to kill that poor creature? He's so beautiful and innocent. This is all Malfoy's fault. If anything he should be the one to die not Buckbeak.

Harry notices my tear so he gently wipes it away with a finger and moves to sit next to me putting his arm around me as he did. I lean my head on his shoulder. I feel a hand place on my knee. I look down to see Ron staring up at me with sympathy I take his hand and smile weakly at him.

This can't be happening.

                                                                             ~time skip~

harry pov

I'm sitting in my dormitory my wand lit looking at the marauder's map and eating chocolate. Suddenly, Ron wakes up sweating and yelling.

"Spiders. There's--there are Spiders. They want me to tap dance I don't want to tap dance!" he cries. I'm trying to stifle my laughs but manage to say, "You tell those spiders, Ron!"