part two - chapter 11

Harry and I sit against a tree trunk together by the lake, my head is resting on his shoulder as I watch Neville search for plants in the water. I smile as his face lights up in excitement.
"Amazing," he utters, "amazing!"

"Neville, you're doing it again," Harry snaps.
"Oh, right sorry," Neville says slightly embarrassed.

"Harry, leave him alone, he's happy," I whisper to him but Harry only sighs resting his head on mine.

"Magical water plants of the highland lochs?" Harry reads aloud off of the pamphlet Neville handed us.
"Moody gave it to me. That day we had tea," Neville says, his eyes trailing elsewhere before waving at someone.

Harry and I turn around to see Hermione, Ron and Ginny walking down the hill in our direction. Hermione groans, "why don't you just go talk to him yourself?"

Harry scoffs and stands up, approaching them and I follow. Ron whispers something in Hermione's ear and she rolls her eyes before walking up to us.

"Ronald would like me to tell you," she speaks to Harry, "that Seamus told him that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you."

"Is that right? Well you-," Harry says angrily looking at Ron before letting a confused look wash over his face, "what?"

"Uhhh..." Hermione looks puzzled and turns and walks back to Ron.
Harry and I exchange a look as Hermione talks to him and then walks back to us.

"Dean was told by Parvati that..." she trails off and sighs, " please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you."

She walks off and Harry speaks after her, "well you can tell Ronald-"
"I'm not an owl!" she snaps. She turns around, grabs Ginny gently by the arm and together they walk off. Ron stays and gives Harry a dirty look.
"You wanna come with us Y/n?" he asks.

I look at Harry but his eyes are on the ground, almost as if he expects me to leave.
I shake my head, "I'm fine thanks."

Ron scowls before storming off after the girls.

Harry turns to me, "thank you."
"You don't need to thank me, you need to go see Hagrid," I say with a small smile.

~time skip~

Hagrid told us to meet him later that evening and to bring Harry's old cloak.
I didn't really want to go because it was pretty late and I didn't want to get into trouble but Harry begged me to, and I can't help but give in to him.

We met Hagrid and began walking through the forest.
"Did you bring your father's cloak, like I asked you?" Hagrid asks Harry.
"Yeah I brought the cloak," Harry replies before asking, "but Hagrid where are we going?"

Hagrid sighs, "you'll see soon enough. Now pay attention, this is important."
I look up at the giant, now only noticing the changes to his appearance, "what's with the flower?"

He continues to look straight ahead as he adjusts his flower.
"Hagrid, have you combed your hair?" Harry asks.

"As a matter of fact, I have," he says with confidence, "you might like to try the same thing now and again."

I laugh and mess up Harry's hair, "don't, I like it like this."
He smiles at me and attempts to fix his hair.

Suddenly, Hagrid pauses. Harry and I stop in our tracks and watch as the giant looks around for something.
"Hagrid?" someone calls his name.

Hagrid's face breaks out into a little smile as he speeds off to go meet the person.
"Harry, the cloak! Put the cloak on," he instructs and Harry drapes the cloak over us.

Hagrid walks off and finds the headmistress of Beauxbattons.
"Bonsoir, Olympe!" he says in a very British accent causing Harry and I to laugh.
"Oh, Hagrid," Madame Maxine replies in her thick french accent, "I thought perhaps you weren't coming. I thought perhaps you had forgotten me."

Harry and I slowly walk closer. I almost trip over a rock but luckily, Harry catches me before I fell.
I expected him to let go once I was up but instead he wrapped an arm around my shoulder and held me as close to himself as he could.

"We barely fit under this thing," he laughed, in a hushed whisper.
"Yeah," I say looking at him, "I guess we've grown."

"Couldn't forget you, Olympe," Hagrid gushes and Harry sticks out his tongue in feint disgust making me laugh.

They say a few more words that I don't hear but Hagrid and Olympe walk over to the bushes and peer at the sight that lay before.

"Ah, c'est magnifique!" Madame Maxine exclaims.

I could hear Harry gasp beside me as we catch sight of the caged animals, blowing out fire.
Dragons.

Madame Maxine walks away to admire the dragons from a little closer and Harry takes it as the opportunity to talk to Hagrid.
"Dragons," he hisses, throwing back the hood of his cloak, "that's the first task? You're joking."

"Come on, Harry! These are seriously misunderstood creatures," Hagrid says but just then one puffs fire out, setting a bush in front of us alight.

"Oh, crikey!" Hagrid exclaims as we duck out of the way, "although, I have to admit, that Horntail is a right nasty piece of work. Poor Ron nearly fainted just seeing him, you know."

I tense, because I really wish Hagrid hadn't of said anything about Ron.
Harry looks at him and asks, "Ron was here?"

"Oh, sure," Hagrid says, clearly unaware of Harry and Ron's fight, "his brother Charlie helped to bring him over from Romania. Didn't Ron tell you that?"

Harry's jaw tenses, "no, he didn't. He didn't tell me a thing."
I see the look of betrayal in Harry's eyes and can't help but be mad at Ron for not warning Harry about something as dangerous as this.

Hagrid goes quiet, probably regretting bringing it up. Harry turns his attention back to the Horntail who breathes another breath of fire.

1006 words - 17/4/22

Happy easter to those celebrating!
Personally, I don't but most of my family do so I still get eggs and stuff and well... chocolate 😍 

I GO BACK TO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY AND IM DREADING ITTTTT.
I get my physics results (for my test) on Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I along with the rest of the class failed. BUT I get my Biology back on friday and I'm more confident with that. (me and my friend literally copied each other's tests lmfao)