chapter sixteen

(y/n pov)

I wake up possibly hours later in the hospital wing. I groan as I sit up and suddenly a blinding pain shoots through my side. I look down at my bandaged, bloody torso as the memories come flooding back to me.

My father. Sirius. Ron. Hermione. Harry.

I start to panic as I look around the hospital wing wondering where everyone is and what's happened.

However, the room is empty apart from Madame pomfrey and a few other students whom are waiting for their wounds to be healed.

I lean back in my bed and tears start to prickle in my eyes. No one's here. No one cares that I'm in the hospital? Not even Harry?

All of a sudden, I hear a knock at the grand doors.

Madame Pomfrey looks up from bandaging a student. She gently finishes wrapping them up and then walks over to the door.

As she opens it, I'm surprised to see a curlied haired boy standing there with bright yellow flowers in his hands.

Cedric?

What's the hufflepuff seeker doing here?

Madame Pomfrey beams and lets him in and to my surprise he heads right over to my bed.

"I see your up!" he smiles at me as he reaches my bed.

"Y...yeah," I stutter out.

He smiles and continues talking, "um...these are for you!"

He gestures to the yellow flowers and his face slowly turns a shade of red.

"Thank you!" I say utterly confused but grateful at the same time.

He carefully places the flowers in a vase on my bedside table and pulls up a chair.

"So, how are you doing?" he asks.

"I'm fine," I reply, "uh...I don't mean to be rude or anything but why are you here? I mean we aren't very close to be honest."

Just saying that sentence reminds me that Cedric, the boy I hardly ever speak to, our rival in quidditch, is here instead of my best friends. I feel slightly hurt at this thought.

"Well I remember when I was in the hospital wing you came over and made sure I was ok even though I had just beaten your house and not to mention your best friend at quidditch. Anyway, it really meant a lot to me and I always remembered it so I decided it would only be polite to repay the favour," he explains.

I smile. He's so sweet.

"Thank you! I really appreciate it," I chuckle lightly and he chuckles back.

We sit there smiling at each other for a minute until Madame Pomfrey interrupts us, "I hate to interupt the moment but seeing as your up I should replace your bandages now."

I can feel my face go red as I realise I have been staring at Cedric. I quickly nod and sit up straighter as madame Pomfrey starts to unravel my bandages.

"I...uhm...I should probably go," Cedric says before he stops, "ouch that looks like one nasty cut."

I look down at my unbandaged torso and immediately understand what he means.

I can see three huge gashes starting from my belly button all the way down to my hip.

Dried blood and flesh attempting to heal over is all I can see. I start to feel a little light headed but I know I won't faint again.

"Yes it is rather nasty. I will need to clean it up a bit more then wrap it up once again. Oh and boy on your way out please inform the others that she's awake." Madame Pomfrey intsructs.