part two - chapter 4

(y/n pov)

Harry and I walked together for a while, talking about whatever.
I told him all about my summer and he told me about his. How the Dursleys put him and his cousin on a diet. His cousin, Dudley, is apparently really fat and with his meals being cut in half, he was not particularly happy about it.
When I asked for more stories of his home life he huffed and said, "God, I've got a crazy few hundred of those."

He told me about the time when they all went to the zoo for his cousin's birthday and Harry accidentally trapped Dudley in a snake cage.

He told me about how Dobby broke into his house and ruined a perfectly unpleasant dinner party, ending with Harry getting locked in his room. Like, literally locked in, with bars on the windows and everything.

I never really heard the whole of that story, only Fred and George's version.
And I must say, theirs is a lot different.

Just as Harry was about to go into the story of the time he 'accidentally' blew his Aunt up like a balloon, we all came to a stop.

"Why are we stopping?" I whispered in his ear but he just gave me a slight shrug.

Arthur walked forward and out from behind the tree came a friendly, yet almost familiar, looking man. He looked to be around Arthur's age.

"Arthur!" he exclaimed in a cheerful manner, "it's about time son."
"Sorry Amos, some of us had a bit of a sleepy start," Mr Weasley explains looking over his shoulder at Ron who happened to yawn at that very moment.

"This," Mr Weasley announced to us, "is Amos Diggory, everyone. He works with me, at the ministry."

Diggory...
As in?...

As if on cue, someone dropped down from the tree branch above.
He stood up and just as I suspected, it was Cedric Diggory, in the flesh.
Only, he seemed to look a little bit older and, if even possible, all the more handsome.

Mr Weasley stuck out his hand for Cedric to shake, "and this strapping young lad must be Cedric am I right?"
"Yes sir," Cedric said flashing a smile. His eyes fell on me and he smiled a little wider.
I smiled back. I glanced over my shoulder just in time to catch Hermione and Ginny giving each other a look.

As the group continued to walk Harry was beginning to look a little uncomfortable.
"Didn't know Cedric would be here," he said trying to sound normal but something about his tone was slightly off.

"Merlin's beard," Amos Diggory had caught sight of Harry and me lingering at the back, "you must be Harry Potter!"

"Yes sir," Harry's face changed in an instant. He smiled awkwardly as he shook the man's hand.
"It's a great great pleasure," Amos said incredibly enthusiastically.
"Pleasure to meet you too sir," Harry replied making me almost roll my eyes.

"And who are you?" Mr Diggory asked me with a friendly smile.
"Oh I'm y/n, y/n Lupin," I smiled shaking his hand.
"Oh yes! Cedric has talked about you quite a bit," he laughed giving me a small wink.

I didn't really know what to say or do to that so I just gave an awkward laugh and we continued walking.

"Damn, what do you think that was all about?" Harry leaned down and whispered into my ear once Amos was out of earshot.
"It seems Harry Potter, the chosen one, the boy who lived and our saviour, has forgotten just how famous he is!" I said back knowing full well he wasn't talking about that.
"I wasn't talking about that."