chapter ten

Harry pov

A couple of hours later Professor Lupin asked me if I wanted to go for a walk and I agreed. I wondered why he asked me of all people but I suppose I reminded him of my father who I later learned was one of his best friends.

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick. Is there no chance of fixing it?" Lupin asked.

"No...Professor? Why do the dementors affect me so much? I mean more than anyone else." I pondered out loud.

"Listen. Dementors are amongst the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling every happy memory. Until a person is left with nothing but his absolutely worst experiences. You are not weak Harry. The dementors affect you the most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors that your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of." he explained.

"I'm scared Professor," I admitted.

"Well I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." he laughed.

"I need to know how to fight them! You could teach me. You made that dementor on the train go away!" I insisted.

"There was only one that night," he said.

"But you made it go away!" I prodded on.

"I don't pretend to be an expert Harry. But as the dementors seem to have developed a particular interest in you...perhaps I could teach you after the holidays. But for now, I need my rest." he says.

                              ~time skip~

The next day I woke up and looked out of the window to see a thick blanket of snow covering the school grounds. It put me in a good mood and I went down to breakfast smiling and greeting everyone on the way. I came down and sat across from y/n and Ron next to Hermione.

"Hey, guys!" I beamed cheerily.

"Why are you in such a good mood?" y/n laughed.

"Well I woke up this morning to the most beautiful snow outside and snow always manages to cheer me up because it reminds me of Christmas," I smile.

Y/n nods and continues her conversation with Ron as she eats her French toast.

"We have to visit the shrieking shack first this time or else we will never get to go!" she insisted to Ron.

"Sure," he sighed.

I forgot today was a Hogsmeade day. I felt instantly less cheery knowing I'll have to be alone today.

Y/n seems to notice my sudden change of mood and quickly whispers to the group, "Harry have you ever thought of taking your dad's old cloak out again?" and winks. I quickly catch onto what she's saying.

"That's genius! Why didn't I think of that? God, you're amazing!" I say which makes her blush slightly.

"Absolutely not! It's too risky." Hermione snaps.

"I'm going to have to agree with Hermione for once. You know because of Sirius Black and everything." Ron mutters.

"Right. Of course, I get it don't worry," I say grimly standing up and storming out.

                                                                              ~time skip~

Y/n pov

Ron and I stand looking at the shrieking shack while Hermione went to go get a few things from honey dukes for Harry. I feel really bad that he couldn't come but there's not much I could really do about it. I wish I had never suggested his cloak.

Harry Potter and the girl he lovedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें