part two - chapter 19

"Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago," Hermione complains to Harry.
"The task is two days from now!"I exclaim.

"Really? I had no idea," Harry says sarcastically, "I suppose Viktor's already figured it out."
"Wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about the tournament," Hermione sighs, "actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being."

A smile spreads on Harry and I's faces as we exchange a look. Hermione gives us a small shove, laughing, "I just mean he's not particularly loquacious! Mostly, he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually."

She turns back to look at Harry, before asking, "you are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?"
"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asks with an edge to his tone.
"It just means these tasks are designed to test you in the most brutal way. They're almost cruel. And..."

Harry looks away from Hermione so she moves from next to me to the other side of him.
"...I'm scared for you," she finishes, "you got by the dragons mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Hey, Potter!" I hear Cedric's voice call and I turn to see him, smiling.
It's been only a few days since Cedric asked me to be his girlfriend and those have been some of the best days of my life.
"Oh, hey baby," he grins as he sees me, wrapping his arms around my shoulders as I wrap mine around his waist. He leans down to kiss me.

Harry begins to walk off and Cedric releases me to go after him calling, "Potter."
I walk after him, waving to Hermione as she leaves.
"Cedric," Harry says, stiffly.

"How- how are you?" Cedric asks.
"Spectacular," Harry replies, sarcastically.
"Look I realised I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons," Cedric says.
"Forget it," Harry replies, "I'm sure you would've done the same for me."

Harry tries to walk away again but Cedric isn't finished, "exactly. You know the Prefects' bathroom on the first floor? It's not a bad place for a bath."
Harry looks at him confused but Cedric only slips an arm around my shoulders.
"Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water," he smirks and we walk off together.

~time skip~

Cedric and I went for a walk through the Hogwarts grounds to try and calm his nerves, the day before the second task.
We finally arrived outside the Hufflepuff common room and I was about to say goodbye but he interrupted me.
"Do you wanna come in?" he asked.
"Oh, uh," I stutter unsure, "am I even allowed?"

"Trust me, no one will mind," Cedric says, "besides, I need you here to comfort me."
"Fine," I give in smiling.
"Yay," Cedric laughs and we enter.

He leads me over to a big sofa where he collapses onto and I settle myself beside him, wrapping my arms around his torso.
"Hey Ced," Ernie smiles sitting in a chair across from us, "hi Y/n, nice to see you here."

Cedric looks down at me and mutters, "see?"
He kisses me on the head and wraps one arm around me while the other lies on the sofa. He starts talking to a couple of his friends so I rest my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat.

Slowly, I begin to slip into a slumber.

~time skip~

I'm awakened by Cedric calling my name. As I open my eyes, I'm greeted by McGonagall's face.
"I'm sorry Mr Diggory, but I need to steal Miss Lupin from you," she says in an undetectable tone.
I sit up and attempt to straighten out my hair.
Cedric pushes a strand behind my ear and brings me in for a kiss.
"See you later, baby," he coos.
"Okay," I smile and kiss him one last time before remembering McGonagall is watching. I back away from him, blushing and she leads me out with a small smile on her face.