part two-chapter 3

harry pov

I paced back and forth for what must have been hours in Ron's room.
"Hey! Calm down mate she's gonna be fine," Ron said calmly as he lay on his bed continually throwing a ball up and down. I snatch it out of the air.

"Oh god, I hope so," I mumbled, "if she ever got hurt...I don't think I could ever forgive myself. This is all my fault."
I sat down on Ron's bed and buried my head in my hands.

"Hey, you have got to stop saying that," Ron said as he sat up and shuffled to sit next to me.
"Saying what?" I asked through my hands.
"That it's your fault! I'm partially to blame here too," he sighs.

I remove my head from my hands, "what are you talking about? It's not like you asked me to break up with her."
"Yeah, but like," he groaned and collapsed back onto his bed, "if I hadn't have told you how I felt about her, you never would've broken up."

"Hey, "I turned to face him, "this is least of all your fault, I made my own choices. You did a good thing. You told me the truth. It was the right thing to do. I decided to break up with her. Not you."

He smiled, "thanks, mate."

Then we heard the door open and close. We looked at each other and rushed downstairs. Y/n and Hermione were standing in the doorway. Y/n looked incredibly tired but calm however, Hermione was a different story. She was fuming. I assumed it was directed towards me but I didn't care, I was so relieved to see Y/n that I walked right up to her and hugged her close. She tensed, so I released her.

"Sorry," I mumbled, "I'm just so glad that you're okay."

"Oh, you better be sorry Harry Potter!" Hermione yelled she stormed towards me and I back straight up into a wall.

"Do you know what could've happened to her thanks to you? SHE COULD'VE DIED HARRY."

"I know I'm sorr-"

"SHUT UP! Don't you dare treat my best friend like that again, or you don't want to know what will happen to you," she growled, "I don't give a crap if you're the chosen one or not."

She slapped me but I didn't do anything to retaliate, I knew I deserved it. Besides, it wasn't that hard because Hermione would never purposely hurt me, even if I did just break her best friends heart.

She stepped back straightened her shirt and turned around.
The look on Y/n and Ron's faces were identical yet both utterly different.

Ron's was more along the lines of, 'I can't believe she would do that!' whereas y/n's was more, 'I can't believe she would do that for me!'
Hermione briskly walked over to Y/n took her hand and walked with her up the stairs but not before I heard Y/n mutter, "you've got to stop making that such a habit."

I could help but smirk at her comment. Girlfriend or not she still cracks me up.

Once they were out of earshot, Ron said, "how are you laughing right now? I was bloody terrified."
"Well at least she's got it out of her system right?" I joked.
"Yeah," he laughed, "come on we should probably get to bed."
I nodded and we both went back upstairs.

~~the next morning~~

(y/n pov)

I woke up to Hermione shaking me.
"Some things never change," I mumbled.
"Yes but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Get up. Get dressed. Come on! Breakfasts ready," she snapped pulling my bedsheets off me.
I groaned and lifted my head to look at the clock.

4:00 AM.

I stumbled out of bed and managed to make my way to the wardrobe where I had put my suitcase inside.
I picked out my favourite outfit and went to the bathroom to shower and put it on.