part three - chapter 7

(y/n pov)
Harry pulls away from me to take a breath and rests his forehead on mine as we both take a second to comprehend everything that's just happened. He opens his eyes to look at me and smiles in a way that melts my heart and I just want to kiss him all over again.
But I don't.

"Do you want to walk back to the common room?" he asks me.
"Go on without me," I say smiling at him, "I need a minute."

He nods and exits the room and the second he leaves I slump to the floor and bury my face in my hands. 
What have I done?

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or jump for joy. I pick myself up off the floor and turn around to look at Cedric's photo. He flashes a gorgeous smile to the camera looking incredibly handsome even after just defeating a dragon.
I smile back at him wishing more than ever that he was here right now.

My tears drip to the floor as I whisper, "I'm so sorry."

And I know I have nothing to be sorry for. I know I have a right to move on but I just can't feel like betraying Cedric. It's just hard to let him go when he got me through so much.

But, I know he'd want me to move on. I know he'd just want me to be happy.

~~

I walk back to the common room feeling more at peace with myself. When I step in, I find Hermione and Ron sat on the sofa opposite Harry who sits in front of the fire. He stands up as soon as he sees me.
"Y/n," he says and walks over to me, "are you okay?"
I nod and smile at him, "I've never been better."

The corners of his mouth turn up as he slowly leans in to kiss me again.
"So does this mean you're dating now?" Ron asks interrupting us.

I look at Harry and he looks back at me.
"If you want to," he says.
"Of course I do," I laugh and wrap my arms around his waist.

Ron rolls his eyes, "you better not be one of those couples who are PDA'ing all the godamn time or I swear to Godric-"
"Ron, cant you just please be happy for them right now," Hermione sighs.
"Alright fine!" Ron says and we all start laughing.

~~

"Y/n, wake up," Ron shakes me awake.
"Dear Godric what's the time-"
"There's something wrong with Harry," he says in a scared voice.

~~

McGonagall and I both cling onto one of Harry's arms each leading him to Dumbledore's office. He's drenched in sweat and looks so panicky. I'm so worried and I don't know what to say or do to help him.

Once we reach Dumbledore's office, McGonagall informs him of everything that's happened and he tells her to gather up the rest of the Weasley's.

Fred, George and Ginny arrive shortly after and that's when Dumbledore finally speaks to Harry.
"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?" he inquires not even turning around to look at Harry.

"Neither. It was like I..."he trails off, "Professor, will you please just tell me what's happening?"

"Everard," Dumbledore speaks to the painting completely disregarding Harry, "Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir-"

"Phineas!" he says once again ignoring Harry, "you must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

"They've got him Albus. It's close but they think he'll make it," Everard pops up again and says, "what's more the dark lord failed to acquire it."

"Oh thank goodness. Next we need to-"