part two - chapter 9

(y/n pov) an: I think I'm mostly gonna be writing from Y/n's pov and only use Harry's when needed but enjoy this chapter :)

We waited in the great hall, watching as kids of all schools came and put their names forth into the Goblet of Fire. Claps were heard from one corner of the room as a huge herd of boys entered with Cedric. They pushed him forward into the ring yelling, "come on, Cedric. Put it in!"

He placed his name in and the hall burst into a round of applause. He smiled and walked out of the circle, Ron put his hand up to high five him, but Cedric didn't notice and instead walked straight past him to me, his wet hair flopping against his head as he does so.

"Lupin," he smiled, "it's been a while."
"So it has Diggory," I laugh, "I didn't know you were entering."
"Yeah, as I said, I love a good adventure," he smiles even brighter and my heart melts.

"Congrats," I say standing on my tip-toes to hug him.
He leans down and takes me into his arms, "thanks, Lupin."

His friend's wolf-whistle until he releases me with embarrassment, he blushes, "sorry about them, see you later."
He hesitates for a second, looks back at the crowd of boys and before I know it he quickly plants a kiss on my cheek before running off to his friends. I stand still in shock and turn as I watch them run off, cheering.

Ron and Harry stand there and gape at me.
"What was that?" Harry asks.
"I have no idea," I say not able to do anything but blink.

"Yeah well," Ron mumbles before saying, "Eternal glory. Be brilliant, wouldn't it? Three years from now when we're old enough to be chosen."
"Yeah, rather you two than me," Harry laughs.
"If you think I would ever enter, you're off your trotter!" I scoff, "you'd have to be barking mad to want to do that."

"YES!" I hear the twins yell, running into the hallway and everyone whoops and cheers.

"Speaking of which..." I say rolling my eyes, still smiling.

They run in, high fiving everyone they pass by and stand together, while everyone crowds around them.
"Well, lads, we've done it."
"Cooked it up just this morning." 

Hermione turns around rolling her eyes saying, "it's not going to work!"
Fred and George give each other a glance before jumping to both sides of Hermione.

"Oh yeah?"
"And why's that, Granger?"

She points towards the glowing ring around the goblet, "you see this? This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?" Fred asked.
Hermione looked from George to Fred before speaking again, "So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an age line."

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant," Fred says.
"Because, it's so pathetically dim-witted," George finishes.

They laugh and stand up on a step, shaking their potions.
"Ready Fred?" 
"Ready George."

"Bottoms up," they said in unison, linking their arms and gulping down the potion.
Once they had finished, they jumped into the ring, waited two seconds and when nothing happens they cheered loudly and high five each other. They walk up to the goblet and put their names into the fire. They count to another four seconds and when nothing happens, they cheer even louder and everyone in the hall claps loudly.

Out of nowhere, the goblets flames burst out and the twins were sent flying backwards. When they sat up, white beards and hair sprouted out of their heads, causing everyone in the hall to laugh.
"You said!"
"You said!"

Fred jumped on top of George and they wrestled, fighting it out. Everyone laughed even harder, now cheering, "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"

Ron, Harry and I can't stop laughing and cheering but Hermione only gives an 'I told you so' look I know all too well, and sits back down, reading her book.
The hall suddenly becomes quiet and everyone turns to look at the door to see Krum enter, a brooding look on his face as he walks in with Karkaroff closely following him.

He walks straight into the circle, places his name in the fir and turns to look right at Hermione. They share an intense look before he turns and walks out again.

~time skip~

It was finally Thursday, the day the champion's names would be drawn.
It was about 7:45 when we gathered in the Great Hall once again, waiting patiently for it to happen.

"Sit down please," Dumbledore said and we did, Harry sitting beside me, "now the moment you've all been waiting for: The champion selection."

Dumbledore raised his hand around in a circle, dimming the fire that lit up the hall until they were all put out. He approached the Goblet with shakey hands and we all watched in anticipation as to what would happen next.

The flames suddenly turned a red colour and spat out a small piece of paper, which Dumbledore caught midair.
"The Durmstrang champion is," Dumbledore paused for suspense, "Viktor Krum."

We turned to look at the Durmstrangs, particularly Viktor and saw them pat him on the back as they all cheered loudly clapping. He stood up and made his way to Dumbledore, who pointed him in the direction to go.

The flames of the Goblet turned red once more and out spurted a fancy looking blue piece of paper.
"The champion for Beauxbattons is Fleur Delacour."

Fleur, a very pretty Beauxbattons girl stood up from her table with a big smile, while the other girls clapped politely. She shook Dumbledore's hand before walking off.

Then, it was time for the Hogwarts champion and we waited as Dumbledore once again caught the paper from the air and opened it, "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!"

The hall burst into applause as Cedric flashed his beautiful, charming smile and stood up from his table and walked through the tables and purposefully in my direction. He held up his hand and I high-fived it as he walked past smiling proudly at him. He reached the front and Dumbledore smiled at him and clapped him on the back before he walked off to go join the other champions.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions," Dumbledore burst out, " but in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory...the Triwizard Cup!"

Everyone cheered as the cloth was stripped away to reveal the cup but I couldn't help but notice Professor Snape step forward with a look of confusion drawn on his face. I followed his eyeliner and saw he was looking at the cup, which had now started to flare up again as if it wasn't finished.

Dumbledore walked up to it and, for the first time in my life I saw a look of genuine fear on his face as the flames turned red and spit out another piece of paper. The room goes quiet waiting in anticipation for the name on the paper to be read aloud.
Dumbledore snatches it and reads it, he mutters something under his breath. He looks around the hall searching for whoever's name was on the paper.

"Harry Potter?" he yells Harry's name and my heart stops.

The whole school turns to look at him. Harry's face is in shock and he doesn't know what to do. I grab onto his arm, not wanting to let him go.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouts angrily.
Hermione grabs his shoulder, "go on, Harry."

When he doesn't move, she pushes him up muttering, "Harry, for goodness sake."
"No," I whisper as he slowly walks away.

Harry approaches Dumbledore and takes the piece of paper from his hands, still stunned quiet. He walks past the rows of kids but nobody claps. 
In fact, everybody glares at him in disgust. Some people even yell at him.

"He's a cheat!" one boy yells.
"He's not even seventeen yet!" another says.

As he goes past the Professors, McGonagall puts a hand on his shoulder and gives him a sympathetic look before letting him walk away into the Champions room.

Oh what kind of shit has he gotten into this time...

1315 words - 10/4/22 - 22:22

A/n : I didn't watch the outfit today but I might ask if I can go tomorrow