t w o

Later that day, Marina was on her way to her first Cheerios practice of the year, alongside Brittany. Before that, Brittany had stated they needed to go to the auditorium to have a contest on who would be the new Rachel. She, Tina, Wade, and Blaine would be the four candidates, with Artie as main judge, Arabella giving extra input and Marina was also allowed to decide, since 'Mr. Schue may have kicked you off, but once a member, always a member, right?' Blaine had said.

"So, here are the rules: We perform the song for Artie, Arabella, and Marina, they make their choice, we go to Mr. Shue as a group, and we tell him who the new lead soloist is. Hopefully, it'll be me, 'cause that's what Rachel wanted." Tina stated to the group. Marina raised a curious eyebrow, unaware Rachel thought Tina could be the new her.

"Though I am uncomfortable doing this behind Mr. Shue's back, I am a director. Therefore, I never pass up on an opportunity to judge people." Artie clasped his hands, looking at the group.

"What song are we singing?" Wade asked, looking to Tina.

"What Rachel would sing if she were here. The song of the summer, 'Call Me Maybe.'" Tina informed.

"Yes." Brittany clapped.

"Do you need time to prepare?" Tina asked Wade, smiling stiffly.

"I can sing any song, any time. Just press play and get back." And they did just that.

As they sang the song, Blaine and Brittany were having fun, jokingly pushing, and playing with each other. Tina and Wade, however, were more forceful and serious, trying their hardest to win. Marina leaned into Arabella. "Blaine's a great harmoniser and has a great voice in general."

Arabella nodded in agreement. "Brittany's the best dancer."

Marina agreed. "Wade was Vocal Adrenaline's star for good reason."

Arabella grinned. "And Tina is Rachel's go-to choice, so all four have a good chance of Artie choosing them."

Once they had finished, Blaine breathlessly looked up at Artie. "So, Artie who's the new Rachel?" Artie said nothing, only looking at the group.

Brittany and Marina finally went to their Cheerio's practice, other girls already there. Kitty came over to Marina, crossing her arms and standing beside her as Sue looked at everyone, speaking. "All new additions to the Cheerios step forward."

Marina, Kitty, and multiple other girls stepped forward, facing everyone else. "Introduce yourselves." They did as told, a few recognising Marina and other girls. One name was familiar, Marina gasping to herself and looking to the girl.

When the girls re-joined the group, Marina offered the girl to stand with her, Brittany, and Kitty. "So, I'm Marina, this is Kitty, and that's Brittany." Marina pointed to each girl as she spoke.

"I just said it, but I'm Kara Sanders." The girl smiled nervously, "Senior." She had dark skin, wide eyes, and flowing black hair. Kara Sanders, Marina thought, I'm setting you up with my best friend who's in love with you.

"Warbler." Sue yelled to Marina, "Show them why you're here." Marina smirked, placing her jacket down on the bleachers before stepping to the floor.

People watched in awe as she performed, clapping, and cheering her on. When she finished, she turned to the watching group and did a mock bow. Sue clapped loudly. "And that is Marina Fowler!"

For the rest of practice, other new additions showed off what they could do, all having impressive talents. When practice was over, Marina called Arabella, asking if she could meet her outside the gym. The blonde agreed, saying that she would be there soon.

"Who was that?" Kara asked, curiosity laced in her voice.

Marina smirked as she saw Arabella approaching. "You'll see." When the two girls were close enough to see each other, they stopped in place, staring at the other in shock before looking back to Marina. "Bella, Kara. Kara, Bella."

Arabella scoffed, "I know my old best friend when I see her."

Kara smiled, stepping towards the girl. "Did you miss me?" Her voice was joking yet held a tone of sincerity.

"Every day." Arabella whispered in response. Marina locked eyes with Arabella, the brunette going to leave. Marina then realised Kara would be needing a dorm in Dalton if she was their new best friend (and Arabella's future girlfriend).

The girl's drive to Dalton was quick with the route she took, checking the clock as many times as she could. It was nearing 6pm, but Marina would get there early. The boys would still have to get changed from lacrosse practice either way.

When she stood outside Senior Commons, a boy cleared his throat, staring at the girl with unimpressed eyes. He wore a Dalton uniform, and he was around the same height as Sebastian. He had an aura that made Marina want to cower, and he was hot. A small smirk was on his face as his emerald green eyes raked up and down Marina's body-still in the rather exposing Cheerio uniform.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. His voice made Marina weak at the knees.

She smirked. "You're new." She immediately responded. She extended a hand. "Marina Fowler. I live here, my uncle's the headmaster. Who are you?"

He shook her hand firmly. "Hunter Clarington, but you can call me whatever you want." His smirk widened. "I'm the captain of the Warblers."

So, not only was he hot, but they were co-captaining the Warblers, and his dorm was right beside hers? Score. Marina laughed. "I'm your co-captain." He looked surprised, but opened the door, bowing his head.

"Ladies first, Princess." Marina nodded, walking through. Where Sebastian used to sit now had a chair beside it- one for her, one for Hunter.

"Okay, Clarington." She began, leaving the doors open for when the boys trailed in, "Let's get some things straight." Marina moved to sit down in her chair, beckoning for him to sit in his seat. "There's rules here. No violence, no bullying, no interrupting when people are singing. It's basically law."

"Once a Warbler, always a Warbler, right?" He smirked to Marina, "I'd just like to tell you that I think you're really hot, and that uniform doesn't help."

Marina smirked, standing up and twirling, exposing her spanks underneath. "Yeah, well, I also think you're hot. But I don't like your attitude."

"Whatever you say, Princess."