t h i r t y - o n e

"I'm in!" Multiple voices had spoken at once, some with excitement, some hesitant yet still agreeing. Arabella, Kara, and Jamie rushed to the group first, the six groaning at the loud noises. Tina stood next, Sam following. Blaine smiled slowly, also joining the group.

"Does it mean wearing those uniforms?" Jake questioned.

"Maybe. Only for competitions." Hunter shrugged.

Jake sighed, moving over to the group. Brittany looked up at them. "So, are you Blaine's brother if your name is Nick Warbler?" She asked Nick. The boy gave her a confused look.

"No?" His voice was hesitant, but Brittany stood and came over to the group.

"Cool!"

"Maybe this is what God wants." Joe nodded to himself, joining the group as well.

"Will Unique be allowed to come, too?" Wade asked slowly.

Hunter laughed. "Listen, Mari and Thad are bi, Bella and Jeff are pan, Kara's a lesbian, Jamie's non-binary, Sebastian and Nick are gay, and Trent's aro/ace. Of course, Unique is allowed." That made Wade rush over to the group.

Only four people stayed where they were: Kitty, Artie, Ryder, and Marley. "You weren't to blame." Hunter said to Marley. She only shrugged.

"What about you two?" Marina asked Finn and Mr. Schue.

"If it's best for the team, then yes. The Warbler-New Directions super group is a-go. Marley, Artie, Kitty, Ryder, you four are on too." Mr. Schue said.

"Great," Sebastian nodded, "But we might need a bigger practice space."

"We'll figure it out." Thad told his boyfriend.

The next day, Marina was walking through the halls of McKinley high when she saw a horrific sight. "What the hell?" She asked in awe, staring at Tina and Blaine in Cheerios uniforms, Artie a part of the band.

"We thought we may as well join McKinley clubs if we're not going to be at Dalton 24/7." Blaine explained.

"I get what you're saying. It's weird to suddenly feel like you're not a part of anything." Artie nodded.

"That's why we joined the basketball team." Ryder stated as he and Jake joined to group.

"Oh, no, that's why you joined the basketball team. I joined the basketball team because I'm good at basketball." Jake refuted as Unique skated into the hall, struggling not to fall over. Jake and Ryder went to help out as the four stared in shock.

"I joined the McKinley Floor Hockey Team. And when I slip a wig underneath the face mask, nobody will be the wiser. Hallelu." Unique grinned.

"Who knew this school had so many clubs?" Tina questioned as Arabella, Jamie, and Kara joined the group.

"We joined McKinley's sewing club. We get to boast on our talents." Jamie laughed.

"I joined the Interfaith Paintball League, where Christians, Jews and Muslims can shoot at each other safely." Joe stated, joining the group.

"Well, it looks like we've all sort of moved on, when are we going to tell Finn?" Blaine questioned.

"I can't believe it's been, like, what, two days, that you've all gone in completely separate, and totally insane, directions." Finn questioned the group as they all stood in the auditorium.

"We lost Sectionals. Our McKinley season is over, and Regionals rehearsals at Dalton don't start for months. You can't be upset that we've moved on. It's the healthy thing to do." Tina stated.

"Is it really? Is it the healthy thing to do to take orders from Sue Sylvester for the rest of the school year? And Artie, man, you basically dragged me out of the tire shop, telling me that this club was part of my destiny somehow. What did you even join? Your costume is ridiculous. I looks like a peacock died on your head." Finn said to the group.

"It's called a plume." Artie muttered.

"Whatever! Okay, look, I-I'm not going to waste all six minutes I was able to book the auditorium for yelling at you guys." Finn told them.

"Six minutes?" Joe asked weakly.

"Yeah. Emperor Sylvester swooped in and carved the reservation hours into tenths. So, the only other time I was able to get was 9:54, Friday night, and I'll be here ready to rehearse, and I hope you will, too. 'Cause if you don't, I think you're going to regret missing that opportunity for the rest of your lives." Finn spoke softly.

"I'll definitely be here." Marley smiled.

"Yeah, well, we'd all be here if you hadn't face-planted at Sectionals." Tina hissed. Marina elbowed her.

"Tina, enough." Finn said. The girl then left the auditorium.

"Listen, Finn. The New Directions days may be over, but you're still a part of the WAND. Use our Dalton auditorium for any big numbers." Marina offered with a grin.

"WAND?" Finn questioned.

"Warblers and New Directions." She laughed, leaving the auditorium with everyone else.

"The New Directions was their life. They don't know what to do now." Marina said to Arabella, Jamie, and Kara. "You three are just flaunting your talents."

"Not like there's outfits we need to make anymore." Arabella sighed.

The next day, the four's phones beeped at the same time, receiving an email from Finn.

"Dear Glee Club, I realize most of you think it's stupid to still call us that. I mean, our season's over, so what are we now, really? We lost Sectionals, so what do we have left? Nothing. We've got nothing. I got a phone call from Rachel last night. She just won the Winter Showcase at NYADA, which is, like, this huge deal. Like, not once in history has it ever gone to a Freshman. And she reminded me why. I joined Glee Club in the first place. It's about music. Every one of us loves music. And no one can take that away from us. I'm not giving up on you. Marley found a place where we can rehearse, and I want us to meet there today after school at 5:00. I hope I see you all there."

"Sorry, Finn, Marley!" Jamie yelled loudly, a hand in front of their face as Kara, Arabella, and Marina came from behind her.

"We didn't mean to be late, but we took a trip back to Dalton. We needed more layers." Kara laughed as they slowly went down the steps, meeting Finn and Marley on a bench.

"I'm really sorry, Finn." Marley muttered.

"Marley, don't." Finn sighed.

"No, I mean it. You've being so nice about this, but it's my fault. I was naive and insecure and self-centred, and now Glee Club's over." Marley sighed.

"Well, the six of us are still here, right?" Finn asked hopefully.